Don't mess with me; I come armed with ice cream

~~~~

Excuse the Mistakes

The picture on the side is another of Reed. Someone said they wanted another of her and a picture of her dress from the gala, but I honestly just came up with the dress from imagination... But, there's Reed! ==>

~~~~

“Are you a princess?”

I jumped at the unfamiliar little girl’s voice, and I accidently slammed the plastic lid of the tub I was looking through on my fingers. “Ow, shit!” I cried, snapping my hand back and waving it in the air, as if that would actually make the pain away.

“That’s a bad word.”

Again, there was the unfamiliar girl’s voice, and I slowly looked down to see a small little girl with short, blonde pigtails sticking out of her head. “You said a bad word,” the little girl repeated, an annoyed look on her face, and she put her small hands on her hips.

“Right; sorry about that,” I said slowly, and I frowned. “I’m sorry, but do I know you?”

“I’m Marisol,” the girl replied, her mouth spreading into a giant grin.

“Parker’s Marisol?” I asked, and Marisol nodded, and I could tell that she was really excited that I actually knew who she was.

Marisol was Parker’s four-year-old half sister, and despite the fact that I’d been to Parker’s house a couple times, I’d never met her. I hadn’t met any members of his family, actually, since they were always busy when I went over to his house. It bothered me a bit, since Parker had met my entire family.

“So?” Marisol asked expectantly, “Are you a princess?”

At first, I had no idea where she would’ve gotten that idea, but then I realized that she’d probably seen some of my dance costumes. I’d been going through the tub I stored them in, which was in the garage. The door was open, which was how Marisol must’ve gotten in.

“I’m afraid not, Marisol,” I replied, crouching down so that I was at her level. “I’m just a dancer who gets to wear pretty dresses.” Marisol nodded seriously, which was pretty darn cute. “Where’s your brother?” I asked, suddenly aware that a four-year-old might’ve just wandered down the street by herself.

“I’m right here.”

My head snapped up to see Parker walking into the garage, and he knelt down when he reached us. “Hey there,” Parker said, glancing at me, but then he focused on Marisol. “Mari, what have I told you about running off?”

“You were going too slow!” Marisol cried, waving her arms dramatically.

“I don’t care,” Parker said firmly, “You need to wait for me. I’m responsible for you, and that also means that if you don’t listen, we won’t do anything fun with Reed today.”

“What?” I blurted, interjecting into their little conversation. I didn’t remember making any plans with Parker today, so there was a stack of movies sitting on my bed waiting to be watched. I’d even made the effort to buy popcorn, which almost never happened because I was too lazy to go to the grocery store.

“Do you wanna come get ice cream with us?” Marisol squealed, jumping up and down while clapping her little hands.

I glanced over at Parker and he gave me an apologetic look. “Bianca and my dad both have to work late tonight, so I’m babysitting the munchkin here,” he said, ruffling Marisol’s hair. She giggled and I could help but laugh. “We were going to get ice cream, and Mari asked if you could come.”