Chapter 8: Lyra's training course

"Lyra's POV"

I manage to sneak away from the others so I can get to my place for ammo and get to that old hover bike, I heard a snap and got my blaster out, pointing it only to find hero boy, great. "Mind telling me why your here?" I growled cause I'm starting to get annoyed by him following me, "I just want to know you better" he told me as he move my blaster from his face, I was surprise when he said he wanted to know me better, an idea pop in my head,"follow me" I said smirking at him.
"Ratchet's POV"

"I still can't believe Alister had you as his daughter" I told Lyra as we went in her place, "I'm surprise you knew my father" she told me as she gave back the pocket watch I gave her and left to look for ammo. "So where are you going?" I questioned her cause I notice her sneaking off,"I'm not telling you unless you can complete my training course" she told me as she charged up her blaster. "What kind?" I told her and as she told me it was a hover boot course I knew that is is gonna be easy, "if you can complete my course, I'll show you what I'm up to" she said to me. As we got there, I realized Lyra's course had some obstacles and this was way different from Alister's training course,"alright hero boy if you can complete my course and get to me then I'll show you what I'm doing" she said as she hover booted to a platform. "what happens if I fail?" I asked her but to my surprise she hover booted to a vine and turn herself to a springer and landed on a platform far from me and I stood with my jaw hanging,"if you fail then you go back"she said as she placed her hands on her waist and smirked at me and I knew if I'm gonna impress her I've gotta avoid get tangled up, literally.
14 mins later
"Woooah!" I yelled as I got on the third springer and landed in front of Lyra, as I place my hands on my hips and put on a victory smile."well done I'm impressed! My father taught you well" she told me as she clapped,"well...your dad did teach me every skill" I told her,"not every skill" she said smirking at me as I looked at her confused until she started to close her eyes, her arms wide out and then started to fall?! "Ly! I yelled as I ran to the edge of the platform worried she'll get hurt but she just smile and next thing I knew her eyes start to open and her hover boots then hit the platform's wall and bounced to a near by rock,"now that's one skill Alister didn't teach me" I told her a bit surprised and impress. "that's because it's was my mother who did that skill" she told me as jumped back on the platform and lands in front of me,her hover boots still on and her left leg is up near her knee, my eyes start to get huge, her face inches from mine that are noses are almost touching while she was smirking, "so you think i should let you come with me?" She said as she laughed a bit and I was not happy,"yep" I said glaring at her until I notice she started to shut her hover boots off,"alrighty then let's go but first how good are you at machines?" She questions me,"if you should know I'm a mechanic" I told her getting annoyed because I am not taking another challenge,"let's get going" she said as she looked over her shoulder and smiled at me and all I did was just put my hand behind the back of my hand and blush in embarrassment and as Lyra motion me to follow her I started to walk behind wondering why she ask that question.