CHAPTER EIGHT

Pic of Lucas and Luka.

Lukas PoV
At home before the change

I hate to do it because of what's to come but I have to "wake up Lucas, come on bro I'm sorry your nap is up we have to go". He wines in his sleep but starts to slowly wake. "You ok?" I ask, he nods solemnly and gets up. I can see the sadness on his face so I pull him to me and cuddle him "I miss them too, they are with us in spirit you know that and anything that happens later we can get through it because between them and the moon goddess we have our own pack watching us from above ok, I love you" I tell him, I can feel his tears but don't comment on them. "Now we have been to go".

I walk with him to the place were meeting he is far enough away from the border so no wolves will look for him they will be distracted by me. I start to run, I am one of the fastest running wolves out there, I know this because my father told me it was a gift blessed upon me by the moon goddess herself. I didn't believe him at first because I only really ran with him in training and he was older than me so I thought age gave me an advantage. But I have never been caught by any other wolf yet so I'm seeing some truth in it now, either way anything that helps me and Lucas, especially tonight, I'll take it.

I do my usual routine, this time starting at the east end of the border, I run and run, eventually I stop and head toward Lucas. He's still where I left him so I shout for him to jump on my back, he does and we run for half a mile. It's all going to plan so far, I take out the elixir and spray both of us. Why go through all the running and scent spreading letting the wolves know of our existence?, why not just spray ourselves and go change?, anyone would wonder. Well we only have enough elixir to get us by and I need to keep some for emergencies.

Lucas' PoV

I jump on Lukas back again and we run to the waterfall the pull of the moon is so strong now I can fell tingles in my bones. We reach the water and walk the ledge to get behind the water without getting wet, if we get wet they will be able to track our scents, we don't want that.

Once inside I can feel it starting and by looking at Luka he's the same way. My bones start to crack and my body becomes deformed. It hurts but I can keep quiet, Luka told me to so I can at least do that much for him. I keep looking into his eyes he feels the same things I do but we are helping each other through our eye contact, we know we are not truly alone we have each other, we don't need a pack once we have that. All of a sudden, as part of the change I can hear Luka in my mind as our link develops "pain, be strong for twin, we can do it" I hear. As if in return his eyes blaze as he hears my thoughts and realise they are the same.

As the pain increased I slowly formed into my wolf but when I do I look to Luka, he is not fully changed and suddenly he lets out a small, tiny really, whimper. I hear him panic through the link as he finishes the change "no, no Lucas stayed quiet and I couldn't, so weak". "No your strong" I reply. Suddenly we both get a blinding pain and I see him starting to drop to the floor just as I do the same.

Cold, wet and bright are the next thing I experience, I look to my left and see Luka is starting to wake up too we look at each other, then look up. Above us are two naked men with the light of the sun behind them I can't make out their features but what I can do is get their scent. Through the mind link I hear Luka say at the same time as me, just as the two men speak, all four of us thinking and saying, '"mine, mate, ours'".

I look at Luka "shit run!!" He shouts through the mind link.