Chapter 24 - Open Domain

The group stood atop a steep hill on a secluded island which took a 2 hour plane ride a one hour boat ride and a one hour hike to reach. Their breaths misting in the crisp mountain air. Before them lay an expanse of dense forests and towering mountains, the vastness stretching as far as the eye could see.

Saori planted her hands on her hips, a confident smile playing on her lips. "Okay, this should do."

Nobara, still catching her breath from the hike, rolled her eyes. "You want to explain why you dragged us all the way out here, Saori? Because if it's to see the view, I'm going to kill you."

Yuji chuckled, trying to lighten the mood."It wasn't so bad Kugisaki."

Saori turned to them, her expression beaming. "I figured out how to create an open domain. It was during my training with Onni chan in South Africa."

"What?" they exclaimed in unison.

"That's complicated," Maki added, shooting a glance at Satoru. "Even Satoru Gojo hasn't figured out how to do that and you figured it out after only spending three weeks in a desert? No fence Gojo."

"None taken," Satoru replied, a hint of pride in his voice.

"Right!" Saori continued, undeterred. "Since we're battling more than one resurrected curse sorcerer from the Heian era, this could be an advantage. It kinda came to me during all those rigorous training sessions, but I haven't tried it out, but I'm confident I can!"

"Who will you be testing it against?" Yuta asked, curiosity piqued.

"Probably Gojo-sensei," Yuji said, jokingly.

"Actually, none of you," Saori corrected. "I'll be testing it against the Divine General Mahoraga!" Her face remained unfazed, confidence radiating from her.

Megumi pulled her aside, concern etched on his face. "Are you serious? Even I haven't tame that beast."

Yuji added, "Yeah, Saori, last time you were up against Mahoraga, you were... well, kinda struggling without Satoru."

"I know," Saori admitted, "but I've grown since then! Plus, I have my Six Eyes functioning at 100%. I'm sure you noticed it yesterday, right, onii-chan?"

"So that's why you've been using those sunglasses since yesterday!" Nobara chimed in. "I thought it was just a fashion choice."

Utahime shot a disapproving look at Satoru. "You're going to let her do this?"

Satoru's expression turned serious. "I know by now that even if I say no, she'll still do it. Might as well let her while I'm here to help if she needs any. But I doubt she will."

"Fine," Utahime conceded, though she still looked worried.

Megumi remained uncertain, but he trusted her instincts. "Just remember, kill it before it turns five times, or it will adapt."

"Right," Saori nodded, determination gleaming in her eyes.

With the plan set, Satoru lowered a veil while Megumi summoned the shikigami beast. Once the shikigami appeared Satoru teleported him to a hill where the others were waiting for a clear view of the confrontation.

The air crackled with tension as Saori faced Mahoraga, her determination solid. As she began to weave her techniques, a dazzling purple vortex erupted around her.

Saori activated her open domain, Infinite Divine Chaos, limiting it to 100 metre insuring the others dont get caught from the crossfire, feeling the familiar surge of power coursing through her. The domain expanded outward,creating a purple vortex that started bending the trees under its gravitational pull as they began to disintegrate, sucked into the chaotic spiral.