Chapter 4 - You needed the toilet...?

Ashton POV

At the end of the day I am one of the last people out of school. I had to talk to my English teacher about an essay and the hallways are empty with only a few stragglers when I finally leave the classroom. I dump things I don't need in my locker and notice I am the only person in the hallway. I shut my locker and turn around, only to nearly have a heart attack.

'Holy shit.' I say when I see the jock from earlier, I found out his name was Kyle, standing behind me. We look at each other for a moment before I speak.

'Can I help you?'

'Yeah, why did you make me look like an idiot earlier.'

'You didn't need my help.' I say under my breath but he hears and steps forward.

'You elbowed me, it hurt, I was annoyed.' He glares at me,

'It was an accident, then you had to open your mouth and make a fool out of me, and insult me?' He takes another step forward and I step back but feel my back hit the locker.

'Look I'm sorry, you caught me at a bad time, it won't happen again.' I plead, losing my courage slowly when I realise it is just me and him. I don't really want to try and fight him either. I'd probably win but it will just piss him off.

'Damn right it won't.' I clear my throat and go to walk away but he grabs my arm in a tight grip.

'Let go.' I say and he holds tighter.

'Don't be so quick. If you really want me to forget it, you can do something for me.' Just from the way he is looking at me, I know exactly what he wants and a few memories start to leak back as I frantically try and pull away again.

'Please let me go.' I say and he chuckles before another voice interrupts.

'You should probably do as she says.' Both of our heads turn to find Cade leant against some lockers down the hall. He stands up straight and walks towards us. When Kyle still doesn't let go. Cade glares harder at him.

'Let the girl go.' Kyle's hand finally releases and I rub at my arm where I know there will be a bruise. Jesus that guy has a firm grip.

'Whatever.' Kyle spits before he turns and walks away. I inhale slowly before turning to face Cade who is watching Kyle walk away. He looks at me when I clear my throat.

'You're welcome sweetheart.' I frown at his term of endearment.

'I didn't ask for you to interfere, he is just gonna hate me more now.' Cade looks angry and scoffs.

'Huh, that's the last time I help a bitch like you.' He stands up and starts to walk away.

'Cade.' I call out and he looks over his shoulder.

'I'm sorry, he just freaked me out. Thank you.' He watches me and nods once before turning and walking away.

Cade POV

Noel and I pull into the parking lot at our gym. It's run by a guy who does street fighting and he provides a facility to train at. I don't really street fight, don't want to put my mum through the stress of having to patch me up but I've fought against easy guys a few times. We get out and head towards the doors. As we start to walk through the lobby, a familiar brunette appears. She is rummaging through her bags and has come from the hallway which leads to the changing rooms and the owner's office. She looks up and freezes when she sees Noel and I. We stare at each other though I'm careful to keep my face blank.

'Oh hey Ashton.' Noel says beside me and the girl looks at him.

'Hey Noel, Cade.' She nods at both of us.

'What are you doing here?' I ask and she swallows before replying.

'I needed the toilet and I was in the area.' She doesn't look away from me as she answers but there is something off about her answer and I narrow my eyes before Noel interrupts.

'You probably should leave Ashton, it's not safe for a pretty girl somewhere like here.' She smirks but also blushes and I'm confused as to why she looks so amused but I also aim a glare at Noel, why'd he call her pretty?

'It's fine, I'm leaving anyway.'

'Bye Ashton.' Noel says and she looks at him.

'You can call me Ash ya know?' He smiles slightly and she looks at me.

'Bye.'

'See ya.' We both watch her walk out the door and Noel looks at me just as I hit him around the back of the head.

'Ow. What the hell was that for?'

'It's not safe for a pretty girl?' I question as we walk to the changing rooms and he glances at me.

'What, it's not. These guys would eat someone like her for breakfast, and she is pretty and you know it.' I hold his gaze for a second before shaking my head and shoving my bag in a locker while Noel's soft laugh echoes behind me