Part 4: Psychiatric Hospital

"Come with us this time. Please?!" He was practically on his knees, kissing my feet, begging me to go with them on their next lockdown. "Please, baby? I won't ever ask again?" Now he was literally on his knees pouting like a puppy. How could I resist? I loved how much he had changed since we move out of La Palazza; I only wish he would have listened to me in the first place.

"As long as it's not any type of loony bin or hospital, I'm game," I scolded, as his smile returned and he stood to hug my waist.

"Yay!" he squeezed. "This is gonna be so much fun!" He stood all the way up and tired to give me a kiss, but I put my finger up to block it.

"Where are we going?" I had to know, before I gave him my thank-you-so-much-for-being-understanding kiss.

"Uh," he hesitated.

"Zak, the last time I tried to go with you I was only there for five minutes and told me to leave." I raised my eyebrow.

"Okay, that was different!" he raised his finger. "That place was dangerous, and I didn't want you hurting yourself!" He leaned back on the kitchen counter and stuck his finger in the spaghetti sauce on the burner. "This one...should be safe." He smirked and reached around to the cabinet by his head and took out the garlic salt.

"Should be?" I questioned, grabbing his wrist to stop him from overloading the red mess with garlic. I swear, there is no way this man could be a vampire. Besides the garlic, he has an irrational obsession with crosses.

"Okay, look," he lifted himself with his warrior muscles to sit on the counter. "It is an 'old loony' bin," he said using air quotes, "but it's supposed to be a 'benign haunting'," he grinned through his teeth, using more air quotes.

"...do you think I'm stupid?" I slapped his thigh with the wooden spoon I was using to stir the spaghetti with, and then shook it in his face, reminding me of my mother. "I know you and you never pick a place with a 'benign haunting'!" I shot his air quotes back at him. "I am not going!"

"Hey," he whispered sliding off the counter and walking around behind me. He wrapped his giant arms around my waist and put his chin on my shoulder. He was so trying to save his ass. "I'll be there to protect you from anything that tries to eat you up, okay?" He kissed my neck; his signature move to make me love him, even when I wanted to empty a gun into his head. "I promise."

"I'll think about it," I smiled as I turned of the burners.

"Fine," he let go of me and got out a plate. Of course, the only thing that could get Zak Bagans off of a woman is food.

I woke up the next morning to the loud beats coming from Zak's iPod and the smell of pancakes. He was really trying to kiss my ass.

"Good morning, baby girl," he smiled, as I still half asleep walked down the stairs. I managed not to trip over Ridley in the middle of the floor and wrapped my weak arms around his naked chest at the stove.

"...smells so good..." I meekly whispered.

"I bet they taste better than they smell," he smiled out of the corner of his mouth. I giggled when I realized that he thought I was talking about the pancakes.

"I bet so," I smiled, and kissed the back of his neck. There was a nice silence for a moment...before he had to go and break it.

"So...did you think about it?" He turned around and gave me his dorky smile. How could I say no???

A few weeks later, we were in Delaware, ready for lockdown. I can't believe I let him talk me into another one.

"It looks like fun to me," was Zak's comment when we started to get the equipment ready.