New Home

(The city of Wellfort at twelve thirty in the afternoon)

"Soooo Lilith, what would you like for lunch?" Asked the man in the front. He was tall, had a salt and pepper beard and a friendly demeanor. The woman who sat beside him was thin and equally friendly. My foster parents.

"I'm not to bothered, you guys can choose" I told them, putting my glamour of perkiness over the true, grieving daughter side of me.

"Cool bananas" The man said pulling into a pizza place.

"Soooo" He said turning in his seat.

"My name is Rex and this is Violet" He said gesturing to his wife. I nodded. He smiled and gave me a high five and then got out.

"So Lilith" Violet said turning in her seat. "I hope you will like our place. It's a little apartment, but you have your own room and everything" She explained, I returned her smile. "We have a daughter to, Felicity. How old are you? I think she is around your age, actually" 

"I will be seventeen on the sixth of July" I told her.

"Yup! Same age, only, she turned seventeen on the first of February" I smiled.

"That'll be nice" She smiled from ear to ear. Then Rex arrived back with three rather large boxes of pizza.

"I didn't know what you wanted so I got several flavors" He said.

"Thank you. It's a long trip from Mosnar to Wellfort anyway" I said smiling. So much smiling was making my cheeks ache. Four hours and two petrol/food stops later, we arrived in the city of Wellfort. It was dark, but there was so much artificial light, that, as with everywhere, you couldn't see the stars; I only knew about them from watching movies. I looked out at the twinkling lights, like thousands of restless stars, wanting nothing more than to be seen. I leant against the window, resting my elbow on the edge. But there was something else to the night, a black looming shadow in the distance, like some noxious wisp, waiting, biding its time until...

"Here we are!" Rex said, before hopping out of the car and opening my door for me. 

"Thanks" I said. I clambered out of the car and into the cold night air. The temperature had dropped dramatically since 2015, that was fifty years ago. The air stunk of nose biting chemicals and filthy pollution. I closed the door of the car and dragged my large suitcase to the elevator, and braced myself for the stomach-churning surge of speed that came when Rex touched his finger to the fingerprint identification pad that took you automatically to your room. I looked out, once again of the huge, steely city, before we were engulfed by darkness and then a small bleep, as the doors opened on a large apartment room. Their apartment was on the top floor, and had a good view of the city. A girl rushed from her bedroom her feet padding against the area of plastic, white, LED floor. 

"Hi mom, hi dad!" She cried hugging them each quickly. "Oh my god! Are you Lilith!?" She cried, a smile identical to her mothers spread across her pale face.

"Yeah. Hi Felicity" I said with a small smile.

"Call me Flick. Come! I'll show you your room!" She said, she grabbed my hand and took me through a door and into my room. The room was mostly black, but the sheets and duvet was white, as were the pillows. There was a fluffy black blanket folded over the end of the bed, and a TV on the wall opposite. Around the room there were wardrobes in the walls and a bathroom. Over the bed was a shade, and I had a window that looked out over the city. There was a large bath, (With tiny LED lights as well) and a fingerprint recognition pad next to the door, so it would only open for me. 

"Touch your finger here" Flick said pointing to the small pad while she clicked a few buttons. I touched my finger to the cool pad and it bleeped before turning green. "There you go!" Flick cried. "All set!"