Chapter 2: Troubled Memoirs

Chapter 2 : Troubled Memoirs. Contains graphic scenes.

I honestly did try getting down from the tree, but after my fourth time nearly plummeting to my death, I decided it was best for me to just sit on a branch and wait for help.

Help that did seem to be taking forever to come, but hey ho.

It was almost peaceful, listening to the sounds of the forest and so on and so forth. At one point I could have sworn I heard a small animal being ripped apart by a larger animal. Music to my ears, I promise you.
 It was actually really eerie if I'm honest, sent chills through me, it sounded all too familiar.

It seemed as though all the waiting made my soul intensely worse for wear, I stared for ages at the strange bruises, and the cuts, and gashes on my body. Looking at them caused bile to rise up in my throat.

I didn't remember how I'd got them.

I spent what felt like an eternity staring, making up stories, hypotheses in my head about they could have possibly ended up on my pale skin.
Some of them were just nasty, one of my fingernails was missing, both of my wrists had faded bruises around them, I could feel a slash on the back of my neck, and I was fairly positive that I had stab wounds that weren't there before. I could safely say that I would have remembered getting stabbed in the leg.

Maybe I sleepwalked or something. The second that thought entered my mind, I mentally slapped myself, sleepwalking?

I was losing it, completely losing it. I mean, I've always been slightly delusional, but this was a whole new level and damn did I wanna get the elevator down.

I finally decided to re-attempt another trip down the tree of doom, and carefully gripped the branch I was on. I was biting my lip so hard I think it started bleeding, as I tried to shift my weight and guide my feet to a branch slightly further down. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding when I finally felt steady enough to release my former branch.

That's when I lost my shit, it's not like I had great balance in the first place, and there I was, standing on a fucking branch that was about seven centimeters wide. I was going to fall, I was going to die and- I needed to get a grip.

I mentally shook myself and at the pace of a snail I gently crouched down and slid down into a sitting position. Now, was that so hard?

I couldn't help but laugh with relief, this was easy, this was very easy, in fact I was a pro at this. Slowly at first, I scaled down the tree, my pace increasing with every successful branch. Trees man, what was I so sc-

A muted scream left my mouth as the horrendously familiar sensation of falling sank through me.
Only this time I didn't black out as I slammed into the ground, because I didn't even hit the ground.
I hit something, but it sure as hell wasn't the ground. Unless the ground was now soft and warm and was groaning that I was a hazard.

"Bellamy!" I exclaimed with a grin, staring down at his bemused face.

"Rae, do you mind getting off me?" He asked, rolling his eyes slightly.

"Sorry." I mumbled, scrambling off him and brushing some invisible dust off my rumpled clothes.

I turned to smile at the other members of the party, all until I got to Murphy, where instead I frowned.

"Why's Grumpy here?"

"I'm here because I needed to be Sunshine."

I raised my eyebrows defensively, "hey don't call me Sunshine asshat."

I heard Bellamy sigh from my side and noticed him brush his hair from his forehead. "He's with us and that's final, can you two quit with the arguments for one minute?"