Chapter 21

Hey guys, so sorry for the long wait. I've been really busy, so I apologize again for the delay.

Anywho, hope you enjoy this chapter!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Her emerald eyes scanned the screen in front of her, with her pink eyebrows furrowed. Researching was something she got lost in. It was as if everything and everyone else around her was taken out of the picture, and instead it was just her looking through numerous photos and reading large amounts of text and paragraphs. To Sakura, researching during an investigation is something that takes large amounts of time, and it's hard to stop. When she finds something relevant and intriguing to the case at hand, she feels the need to research further, which in turn makes her mind cloudy and her eyes sore.

Her partner in this case used his spinney chair to move towards her, and he glanced at her for a moment before speaking, "Take a break, Haruno. Your eyes will be too sore tomorrow if you keep this up."

Sakura's attention was taken off the screen, and towards the lazy Nara, "I know, but we're so close. I can feel it."

He sighed, "How about you tell me what you know about the Akatsuki."

The pinkette tilted her head, "Like what?"

"Everything. Background information, crimes committed, what happened during the previous case. . . That type of stuff."

She turned her chair towards him and nodded, "Alright, first I'll tell you about what we know as far as their background goes."

Shikamaru leaned back in his chair, and ushered her to continue, "First is Sasori. He was a genius craftsman, and owned a store that soled wooden antiques. It was a family business and they were mostly known for their delicately detailed puppets. Sasori grew a fascination with making puppets, and soon this obsession grew to something serial-like. . ." She paused for a moment, "He began turning corpses into puppets."

His dark eyes widened a bit, but Sakura continued, "Yeah, it disgusts me too. He kills his victims in many different ways, but mostly quietly. He also studied medicine as a teenager and taught himself to create an indistinguishable poison. Sasori covers different melee weapons with his own concoction of poison, then he strikes his victims and uses their corpses as puppets."

The male detective whistled, taking in this information.

"We believe the death of his mother and father were what led to these criminal actions. When he was fifteen, he ran away from his home and there were theories of him being abducted, but no one was for sure. That is, until we discovered he joined the Akatsuki. There is no information on how old he was when he joined."

"So how about Deidara?" Shikamaru asked.

"Deidara is known as a terrorist bomber. We don't know much about him for background, but we do know that he uses clay as bombs."

The Nara lifted an eyebrow in confusion, "Clay?"

Sakura nodded, "You heard correctly. Deidara forms clay very quickly into animal-like shapes, which when thrown can cause an explosion. He has damaged many tourist attractions and military bases, causing hundreds of lives."

"I see," Shikamaru started, "Itachi?"

"Right, well Itachi Uchiha is a very intelligent man. He was top in his class at school and excelled in nearly everything, according to his school records. Itachi was also skilled in knife-throwing, and archery, which he always placed first in competitions. The Uchiha clan were also well-known in terms of law enforcement. Itachi Uchiha's skills in combat and weapons made him the pride of the Uchiha clan. At just thirteen years old, he murdered his whole clan, including his mother and father, leaving only his brother. . ."