CHAPTER 23 - A MESS

A BIG kiss to every person who voted and commented for the last chapter.  Here's the update that I promised..

---

At home, Sindhu felt really bad for saying all those things to Karthik's team. He may have pissed her off but that's not the right thing to do; though almost everything she said was true. The last thought brought a smile on her face.

She took money from his cupboard which he gave her for household expenses and went to market. She picked fresh vegetables and fruits before going back home.

At 5 PM when Karthik returned from office, she sliced fruits for both him and Tulasi.

She placed a plate of grapes and apple on the teepoy before Tulasi and another one with Papaya slices on it, a little away from hers.

"Don't eat papaya. I heard its not good for pregnant ladies" she reminded Tulasi who nodded with a smile while watching TV.

Sindhu didn't know if it's really true or a myth about Papaya but she decided not to go against it. She only bought it since Karthik's a big fan of it.

She then went to her room to apologize to Karthik; she just hoped he is not in a bad mood.

She cleared her throat to gain his attention "Are you not coming out?"

He looked at her seriously making her gulp in fear "Um. Shall I bring your fruit salad here then?"

He walked out of the bed and faced her "Not necessary"

She didn't miss the way he mimicked her; exactly the same way she said a few hours back.

"You will come to hall then?" Just say sorry, you idiot. Say it.

"Where is it?" he asked, walking out few steps when he saw Tulasi take a slice of papaya from a plate. It suddenly triggered his mind that she shouldn't eat it as he shouted "NO"

Tulasi quickly jerked away, clutching her heart "What the hell Karthik?"

"Don't you know you are not supposed to eat that?" he shouted at her before turning to Sindhu "Why the hell did you give her that?"

Before Sindhu could answer, he continued in a louder tone "Don't you know it's not safe for the baby?"

"What are you thinking Sindhu? I know you are not in your right mind today but doing this?" He stared at her disbelievingly "Do you want her to suffer from a miscarriage or what?"

Sindhu felt hurt at his accusations and left to her room, locking the door. How can he accuse her of trying to kill an innocent baby?

When Karthik stared at Sindhu's reaction in shock, Tulasi said angrily "Why did you do that?"

"You know what she--"

"It was my mistake. She informed me not to eat but I was so lost in the movie that I didn't know what I was doing"

"Why did she put it here when---"

"She must have kept that for you as you like it. I can't believe you just said that to her. How can you?"

"I am so sorry" he said guiltily.

"Yeah, try telling that to her" she said furiously before adding "I'd be surprised if she forgave you this time"

He headed to his room and slowly knocked the door. It was opened a few seconds later and Sindhu was about to walk away when he pulled her in "I need to talk to you"

"I don't think there's anything left to talk" she muttered coldly.

"Please let me--"

"I don't want to hear what you say" She murmured bitterly meeting his eyes "You have accused me of lot of things before. But, this is the worst of all"