Epilogue

Don't be surprised. Yes, I posted a message on my wall that I will be away from WP for a while but I realized that I have a responsibility to you guys before going. Since you have been sending PMs asking for the update.

I am so sorry that you waited so long. Frankly, I didn't have new ideas except that it shouldn't be like the regular epilogues. So, it took a long time. Sorry if it doesn't reach your expectations. :(

I want to dedicate this chap to a lot of people. But its not possible. So, I decided one thing.

I got a lot of PMs from so many girls that they are similar to Sindhu and people call them crazy or weird or whatever.

A wise man recently said 'There is no such thing as normal. It's another word for lifeless'

Next time, someone criticizes or taunts you, tell them that you'd better be crazy than be boring like them. This chap is dedicated to you. To every Sindhu out there.

------

A FEW MONTHS LATER :

"How are you uncle? Auntie?" Karthik greeted Sindhu's parents as he led them into the house.

"We are good" Sindhu's dad Prasad replied with a smile, taking a seat on the sofa.

"Hi Mom! Dad!" Sindhu grinned, seeing her parents.

"Happy first anniversary guys" her dad greeted cheerfully and her mom followed.

The couple smiled "Thank you"

"So. Did you go to temple?" her mother asked in anticipation.

Sindhu rolled her eyes "Of course mom. You told us to go and we did"

"How did it go?"

"Perfect" she replied with a smile and Karthik cast a sideways glance at her.

"What happened?" Prasad asked, seeing his amused look.

"She almost danced" Karthik replied, unable to hide his smile.

"Where? In the temple?" his mother in law asked in disbelief.

Karthik nodded making her gasp "Why?"

"I didn't dance" Sindhu reprimanded.

"You would have; if I didn't hold you, trying to stop" he replied, raising his eyes.

"Why would she dance?" her mom asked, looking confused.

"Because she broke the coconut in a single attempt" he replied dismally.

There was a few seconds of silence before Prasad began excitedly "That's great. I can never do it in the first attempt. I am very proud of you"

Karthik gaped at his father in law in astonishment before looking at Sindhu's mother who shared the same look as his.

When she found Karthik gazing at her, she turned to him with a 'she-is his-daughter-and-I am- not-responsible-for-her-madness' look.

Glaring at her husband, she almost yelled "She didn't win an Oscar or Guinness book of world records"

"What mom?" Sindhu began irritably "You don't know how tough it is to break it the first time. Even Karthik took 4 chances"

Karthik massaged his forehead. I never thought there can be a discussion over a coconut.

"Yeah. It's not easy" Prasad agreed and his daughter smirked at his wife who rolled her eyes.

"Do you want Tea?" Karthik asked, to divert their attention who nodded.