Chapter 3

Mermaid pov:
I woke before him. The clouds still covered the sky I liked it. I slid back into the ocean. The water felt good on my dry skin. The first thing I did was go searching for a fish. I didn't know when he would awake. But that was my first thing on my mind. As I was searching I could get his eyes out of my mind. They were like stuck in my heart. The growling of my stomach interpreted my thoughts. I also needed to eat. I came upon a school of fish. It wasn't easy catching fish but I had a hand for it. After a few minutes I caught two. When I came back to the island Philip was barley waking up. I ate my fish and held onto his. Once he was walking around I sent his. He spotted it and picked it up. Before he left back to his tree. He looked around for a second. Then he grabbed the fish and went back to cook it.

Philip pov"
I woke up this morning slow. My neck hurt because I slept on agenst the tree. I began to walk around and then I spotted a fish. I jogged over to it. But before I picked it up I looked around I felt like something was watching over me. I grabbed it and cooked it. My flute was full of wet sand so I went down to the ocean to rinse it. Once I was done I went back under my tree and began to play.

Mermaid pov:
I heard that pitch and couldn't help but smile. It was his. And I liked it. There wasn't much I could do for him. After playing his flute he went into the forest. I day dreamed about me and him meeting. It seemed so perfect then our lips touched. I wished that was reality but its not. I began to feel sad. I looked at my mixed blue and purple tail. "Why can't I be like him"? I was feeling horrible. So bad I wanted to walk on the sand to him. When I looked under the tree we still wasn't there.

Philip pov:
I walked into the forest to explore. I found bananas,coconuts,and mangos. I picked them and brought them back. I put them on a leaf keeping them from the sand. Rain started to pour again. I placed my flute on a leaf and let the rain fill my flute with fresh water and once it was full I drank it and put it back. The sound ov the waves hitting the beach was relaxing I really didn't miss the ship no ,ore chors.

Mermaid pov:
I watched him with his pile of fruit sit under the tree. He had a smile on his fa e and once and a while he would pick up his flute and drink water. I felt cold inside I wanted to be there next to him but I can't. I went and found fish for me and Philip. I watched him cook it then fall asleep. I did the same on the beach shore.