Chapter 9

Macon's POV:

I dove under the water swimming as fast as I could back to the other mermaids.
"HELP SOMEONE HELP"! I yelled as I got back into town.

I swam up to the palace of where King Stephen Sat at his thrown. " sir please send your army one of ours has been captured "! King Stephen looked at me.

" alright then I'll send my most worthy men this time next time you won't be so lucky off with you ". By the time we swam back the ship was gone.

Ill probably never see her again this is all Philips fault.

Next day

Cora's POV:

When I awoke I saw Philip asleep next to the tank. I tapped the glass trying to wake him up.

I started banging harder until he finally woke up. " alright alright I'm up take it easy". He said rubbing his eyes.

"LAND AHEAD"! yelled someone on deck. " o no I'm to late I fell asleep I was going to free you when they were all asleep.

"Philip get away from her I don't need her messed up we need her in perfect condition". Yelled the captain as he walked down the stairs.

"Now move"! He said pushing Philip aside. " No captain that mermaid saved my life I won't let you hurt her let her go".

I watched as the captain turned around walking over to Philip pushing him agenst the wall of the boat.

"What did you just say"? Philip looked at the captain then pushed him away.

" now you have done it lad".The captain took his sword out of its slot and walked towards Philip.

"Lets see if she can save you now"! The captain ran toward Philip pushing his sword into his side. Philips white shirt started turning red on the side.

I started banging on the glass as hard as I could. Nothing was happening. The captain turned around and smiled at me then walked up the stairs.

Philips POV:

Everything was starting to get fuzzy and blurry. My side hurt like hell and all I could feel was hot blood. I knew this was the end. Until I felt cold water rush agents my feet.
Then I blacked out.

Cora's POV:

I was finally out of the tank and crawling to Philip. The tank flipped when I used my body to bang agenst the glass. I stroked Philips pale cheek as he got colder.

I knew he was gone but I couldn't help but stay by his side. I pushed back his hair out of his face. Then kissed his lips. I closed my eyes saying good bye to the ocean and Philip.

I knew what was next for me.

Macon's POV:

I swam back to the town of mermaids with the army of mermaids by my side. My face said it all. She is gone. I swam home and took one of my knives and stabbed it through my stomach. I had no one else to live for she was who I loved.

Sharks later came and ate his decaying body.

Cora's POV:

We arrived at Britain where the pirates carried my into town. They placed me on a metal table where I was strapped down and I watched as two people who held knifes cut my entire tail off. They left me there bleeding to death.

Everything was foggy and suddenly black.