Chapter 2

Ok, so, ya know how at the beginning of every Avatar episode it would say "Previously on Avatar..."? Well, I've decided to do that in my book! Except, only stuff from the previous chapter, not 5 chapters ago, or whatever. Also, I'm hoping at the beginning of every chapter to do an Avatar fun fact thing. The fact for this chapter is: The person who voiced Zuko is named Dante Basco. In the episode The Ember Island Players in Season 3, his older brother voiced the actor Zuko from the play. So... here's the chapter!

******************************************************************************************

Previously on Avatar...

"Long time no see, Serena." He said finally.

"Same to you, Zuko. I thought I'd catch you coming in here."...

"All you need to know right now is that I'm helping to bust you out of this place. We'll do back stories later. For now, a name will have to be enough. Mine's Serena." I whisper as we creep down the hall....

I suppose it's time for me to resign for the Yuyan Archers, I thought to myself with an evil grin....

Zuko's mask was knocked to the side as he fell back, and by the way Aang looked at him, I could tell that he could see his scar. Aang whipped up a cloud of dust and before I stepped back, I lifted high my hand, sending one last signal to Lee.

Goodbye, my friend, I said, my fingers spread apart, except for my thumb, which was tucked into my palm. It looked pretty much like the number four.

Our paths will cross again, my leader, Lee replied, lifting his hand up as well. Akiko joined him on the wall as I walked into the dust. I looked back once for only a moment to see her hand raised as well.

If you ever need our help... She signaled. I gave a nod and disappeared into the dust....

***

Aang sat down and lifted off Zuko's mask. I had an arrow at the ready, for when they sent soldiers out after us.

"C'mon Aang. We don't have long. Let's get him and get out of here." I say, looking over my shoulder. Aang was backing away towards the forest. "You aren't seriously going to just leave him here are you?" I sigh, "He helped rescue you, so pick him up and let's go." Aang finally moved over and supported Zuko's body on his shoulder.

"But where are we going?" He asked.

"Into the forest. I've been hiding extra supplies and some of my stuff there for a time like this. Quickly, there are soldiers coming after us. We have to go now before the dust clears." I walk over, supporting Zuko's other side. We make our way into the forest right as the dust clears. We would have been cought if we left a second later.

***

After an hour of walking silently, we made it to my stash of supplies and set Zuko down by a pile of leaves.

"So where's all of your stuff?" Aang asked. I crawled into a opening in the bottom of a tree made by its roots.

"Right here." I said, bringing out everything I had stored there. It wasn't that much, mostly canteens and extra arrows, along with a few packs of medicinal herbs and such. "Alright then. We have about an hour before Zuko wakes up. Ask me anything you like, just not all at once." Aang nods at this.

"First, what's in the canteens?"

"Dragon fruit juice. We have to drink it every day at the fortress. For firebenders, it improves their bending, for non-benders like me, it gives you more energy and keeps you alert and focused. Some of these canteens are sweetened with mango juice as well, which is just for flavor."