Chapter 5

Yay! It's chapter 5! Sorry for not updating in a few days, I know everyone was all mad about the cliffhanger but I needed some time to gather my thoughts or this chapter would seriously suck... so, hopefully it won't suck now, but I'm still unsure about some of the stuff. Hopefully it won't be too boring, cause I'm taking a small break from the action, but if this chapter is as long as I want it to be, I should get through the rest of the episode by the end, hopefully... I am going to, at this time, take a few minutes to do the whole Previously on Avatar... thing, so yeah. And it's going to be from both parts of chapter 4, so 4 and 4.5. I'll have to go back and forth between the chapters and all that, but I think it's worth it...

There is a picture on the side of the symbol at the end of this chapter, just without the circle around it. There IS a circle around it in the story! Also... 8 page chapter here! You better enjoy it! Because it was HARD and it took almost my ENITRE DAY!

******************************************************************************************

Previously on Avatar...

"You blame yourself for something that happened many seasons ago." She paused, and I knew I was supposed to say something.

"The blizzard." I replied, looking down at my shoes...

"You, my dear, are a seer."

"A seer?"

"Yes. You can predict the future, but not just of anyone. You will be able to predict the future of your friends' quest. Most likely not specifics or anything like that, but you must learn to trust your sixth sense, that gut feeling you get. Your power is only starting to emerge, and in time there will be one who truly helps you blossom."

"And where exactly am I supposed to find this 'one'?" I asked, getting a tad annoyed all of the nonspecificness.

"I get the feeling that that has to do with the other symbols that appeared, but I don't know any more than you do otherwise." I sighed and Aunt Wu patted my shoulder. "Don't worry yourself. All will be clear in time. For now you must focus on your quest, child. Trust that when you need to know everything that it will be revealed."...

"Hey, I thought we had an understanding here," I smiled at him as I handed his son Akozo my game, "I give you the animals I kill and you pay me a fraction of what you're selling them for. If you'd like me to find another butcher that I can make more money from to sell them to..." I trailed off, both of us knowing I would never do that. Jun laughed and handed me the money I earned...

A twig snapped and it was enough. I heard the familiar twang! of my bowstring before I even realized I had shot. I fired another arrow off, and another, pinning the creature to the tree behind it by the legs. I smiled slightly and opened my eyes, then stood up and walked over to my struggling captive. It was about twenty feet out of the clearing, and once I was who it was that I had shot at I broke into a run.

"Sorry!" I called out, running up to them and kneeling down, pulling the arrows out of the tree and putting them back in my quiver. I took the hand that was held out to me and stood up, brushing the dirt and leaves off my pants. Once I was done, I looked over at the person and gave them a hard stare.

"Do you make a habit of following people into the woods?" I asked them, pushing back my hair.

***

"Not normally, no," Akozo replied, smiling down at me. He was only a few inches taller than me. "But you aren't very 'normal', are you?"

I shrugged, leading him back to the clearing. "You could say that. In fact, many people do say that. Then again, normal is a relative term. Your definition of normal is probably very different than mine. So it depends on who you ask, really."