CHAPTER SEVEN

The Alpha commanded them to stay where they were and she smirked. "Now pup, pay attention. Are you going to listen?" She waited until he nodded and then continued. "I am your best chance at survival and that pride you have is going to get your whole pack killed."

She dropped her smile. How could she make him understand that this was serious? The only thing she could think of was that she didn't want anyone to go through what happened to her. Even this idiotic pup.

"They'll take everything from you, everything. Then they'll make you into your worst nightmare, twist you into something you don't recognize in the mirror. And when everything has gone to hell. When you no longer remember your pack because it's too hard to see their faces without falling apart. When your left with a hollow feeling in your chest where you think at one point in your life you might have had a heart. I'll show you kindness, I'll be there to end your misery."

With that she let the black haired boy go and watched with a blank expression as he slid down the wall and landed with a thump on the ground. His hands went to his throat as he coughed to regain his breath.

She turned away and went back to watching the forest for movement.

Ash and the beta went over to where Matthew lay and each took one arm and dragged him out of the room. The Alpha stood where he was and looked from the sport where his son was moments before then looked at her.

******

He couldn't believe that the girl standing before him just put his son in his place. No one ever dared to even yell at Matthew. He tried his best to keep him in line but it was usually his wife Sarah that would handle him but she and his beta's wife went to visit Sara's mother in another country.

He always felt out of sorts with his mate so far away and even more so since the girl stepped into his territory. He felt conflicted about Lilith, she was a strange creature that he wanted to figure out.

She kept her back to him as she gazed out at his backyard. He went and stood beside her, making sure they were a descend distance apart. He didn't want to scare her.

Although it looked like she wasn't scared of anything, he sensed that whatever was out there had her on edge. She put on a front, a defense mechanism that she must have developed a long time ago to made sure everyone she met knew she was stronger and smarter than them.

And she was, he did not doubt, stronger than he was. At first he didn't see it but looking at her now he knew she could easily take him on and she might win.

He wasn't a proud man, but he was proud of his pack and would do anything to help protect them. Including sending the little ones to a different pack, something his son wouldn't do because he couldn't see past his pride.

He sighed. Lilith was right, Matthew was a pup. But all pups had to grow up and he hoped this was an eye opener for him.

He couldn't get the image of his pack members dead out of his head, the blood staining the ground. He knew the rumors that a werewolf by the name of Lilith went around killing entire pack the way his had died. It had earned her the name of Demon Hound. But there was no way she could have done it, she was locked in a cell when they were killed.

Whoever it was killing his pack she seemed to be weary of them and if it made such a strong person feel like that it made him scared.

******

Lilith was surprised that Drew didn't have her thrown back into a cell after what she did to his son but he just stood beside her and watched the tree line.

She heard him sigh and waited form him to speak. She was rewarded after several minutes. "Will you please tell me who's out there killing my pack, miss Lilith?" He said so quietly.

It was worse than him yelling at her, at least she knew how to react but he was pleading with her. She opened her mouth to tell him when a wonderful smell of pine and something she couldn't identify hit her nose.

Her eyebrows bowed in confusion as she turned around to see what was causing it. There was nothing behind her, so she lifting her nose in the air and took a deep breath she glanced out the door. It seemed to be coming from outside.

"What is it?" Drew asked puzzled by her behavior.

She didn't have an answer to his question so she didn't say anything. Pulling open the door she stepped outside and followed the smell with Alpha Drew close at her heels.

It was coming from the other side of the house. Picking up her pace as the smell became stronger she turned around the side of building and promptly smacked into a mans chest.

Tingles and warmth shot up her body where her skin made contact with the man. Her eyes snapped up to his and as soon as they met she wished she stayed inside. She backed up as fast as she could and almost ran into Drew.

"Mate." The male voice said

At the same time she said "Shit."