One's Trash Another's Treasure

*Edited 8/9/18-8/10/18*

'Let Me Love You' by Fitz and The Tantrums

Chapter Twenty Three

Nicole's P.O.V.

As Spring break closed to an end, I choked on words whenever I talked to Ky as I couldn't tell him I was leaving the team. Especially since I just joined and bonded so closely with them. I couldn't just drop that bomb on him.

But I have to do it some time.

Olivia and I have been avoiding each other as well and I know Ky has noticed. Tomorrow. I told myself that over and over within the past month. Within the drive to school I had dreaded my every possible word choice and my attention was very short. I even got honked at a few times.

"Nicole!" Travis yelled and he jogged over to me with wide eyes. "I can't reach Hannah." He says breathlessly while pointing to his phone. "Not even a hello." I mumble on my breath. "What?" He snaps and stands up straight.

"She's asleep, dumb-ass." I rolled my eyes and turned my attention to my own phone. "What's got your panties in a twist?" He asks with his eyebrows furrowed. "That nobody has common sense anymore." I said sarcastically and threw my hands in the air. Honestly, out of everyone I'd think that Travis would know Hannah is still sleeping.

"Nicole, both me and Ky have noticed how whenever we bring up the new season, you like zone out or something..." He says and trails off. "What do you mean?" I wondered cautiously. They had my attention now and my heart thudded against my rib cage "Well, basketball in particular." I hear Ky's familiar voice say behind me.

"Look I'm just nervous about lying to my parents, and I know I have kept it up for a whole year, but what happens if I get offered a scholarship or something? This lie has piled up for a long time now." I say as a cover up and I practically felt like slapping myself in the face.

Great, now I am stuck in two lies. God, why didn't I just tell them? "Don't worry about it." Ky says and puts his arm around my shoulders. I blush when he pulls me into him for a side hug. "Do you guys realize how different we are from when we first met?" I ask with a chuckle.

"Completely different." Travis answers with a laugh. Good, we are off the sports topic. The bell rang and they both groaned. School ends in three weeks and for the next two weeks, I included myself more and talk more sports to get Travis and Ky off my back.

I will tell the team on last practice. 

I start swim practice a week after summer starts and today is Wednesday, in other words, our last practice. Olivia walked up to me today and randomly started massaging my shoulders. "Are you ready?" She asks. My chest feels heavy with her first words to me in a while.

I sigh and shake my head. "I don't want to hurt them." I whisper, saddened by simply picturing their faces. "They are big boys and they now need to pull on their big boy pants. I will be at their practice after school so if you need help, I'll be right there." She says with a shy smile.

The bell rang for me to go to practice and I jump. "I'll see you in ten minutes." She says with a peppy smile. "You can do this!" She shouts back at me down the hall before disappearing. I took a deep breath before stepping through the doors.

All the boys glanced up at me and stared in confusion. Oh crap! I'm not in my jersey or even my shorts. I sprint down the hall and quickly change and come back with a blush set on my face. Ky laughs and walks over to me.

"Something's troubling you." He says, his eyes filled with worry. I hate how he knows me so, but I also adore it at the same time. "I have to tell you guys something." I announce and all the boys gather in. Olivia stepped in at that moment and all eyes turn to her.