[Chapter 1] Release Day

Today's the day. Today is the day that two amazing, world changing products are released. One of them is being shipped to my house currently, since I was one of the first people to pre-order so I could get it on time. I have to go to Gamestop to pick up the other.

    The thing I'm lucky about is that I was one of the few beta testers for both products, so while everyone is trying to figure out how it works, I'll already be ready and on the move. What are these products, you ask? AmuSphere v2 and Crimson Sky Online. Beta testing might give me an edge compared to the other players, but I heard on a thread on a forum that they've changed things since. I also know for a fact that they're resetting all player data, meaning all my stats are gone, too.

    I know my homie, Kaleb also got the game. He even got a 1Gbps Internet speed upgrade so he doesn't lag out every 10 minutes like he usually did. He and I both prepared for months for this game. I know I can go just over 13 hours of being unconsious and be all good, but I don't expect to be in the game for that amount of time, unless we're doing an all night gaming spree, but even then I would log out from time to time to eat and other shit.

    I look over at the clock, it reads 10:55AM. The servers are put online at 11:30AM, so I have to go out and pick up my AmoSphere. GameStop now has a seperate line for people who pre-ordered items, and not many people from my neighborhood know about this stuff, so the line shouldn't be long.

    When I actually got there, there were only about 3 people in the pre-order line, and the buying line was long as fuck. It took about 10 minutes to go there, get the AmuSphere, and get back, so I have 25 more minutes. I'll spend it making sure that nothing that will affect my gameplay will go wrong. I called my ISP to see if any maitenance is being done in my neighborhood, and none is because fiber optic cables are pretty reliable when the weather is fine. I did I speed test from both my WiFi and ethernet and determined that ethernet is better for the AmoSphere v2's connectivity to the server. The less ping, the better.

    The clock reads 11:28, so went over to my bed and put on the AmoSphere. It gave me an option of servers to join from downloaded games or the game in my PC's disk drive. I have CSO as a disk so I chose that I joined the North American server queue. It told me I'd be the thirteenth person to join the server.

    11:30.

    The game brought me to the character customization screen that I'm all to familier with. I made the character look similar to me. Long black hair, blue eyes, all black clothing, red shoes. I went with DC shoes instead of Converse since they tend to be more comfortable and we can basically feel everything aside from heavy pain in this game.

    Then it brought me to weapon choice and customization. This game has a large variety of weapons to choose from. From mini-guns to knives, this game has basically everything. It doesn't have magic, but I guess you could count potions as that, although it also falls under alchemy.

    Beta testing was a really small period of time. When I chose my weapons during that time, I went with guns. They weren't really my time of game. Then, I found a sword from a dead player and picked it up. That's where the game got enjoyable for me. I leveled up with it fast, and was considered a master swordsman by other beta testers. So this time, I chose a sword as my primary. Specifically, the Ghostblade. It does 3 extra points of damage, ignoring the armour the player or entity I'm attacking is wearing. For my secondary, I chose the Zephyr bow, which shoots 30% faster than other bows in the game. I customized my sword to be mostly black and white, and my bow to be a really dark red.

    When I finished, I instantly started roaming and looking for Kaleb.