"Goodnight"

Enid's P.O.V
---

My attempt at getting Ron to get off Carl failed. He violently shoved me off of him, sending me to the ground. I couldn't believe it. Ron wasn't like this. He was kind and caring and was never the violent type before today.

Out of nowhere I started crying as I sat on the cement. The tears just started falling out. The last time I ever cried was when I watched my parents die. After that, I just bottled up all of my sensitivity inside. But here I am now, watching my boyfriend punching Carl several times in the gut, while pouring my eyes out.

Carl's nose was now covered in blood and I watched in fear as he shut his eyes closed, allowing Ron to continue beating him.
Suddenly Carl's eyes shot open. His blue eyes were no longer filled with fear. They were now filled with anger.

Carl's beaten up self kicked Ron's stomach with force that was strong enough to send him off of him and onto the ground right in front of me. Ron swung his arm over his stomach and groaned in pain as I quickly stood up and started to walk away slowly with my eyes still on Ron and Carl.
Carl wearily got up and walked over to Ron. They both had the same bloodthirsty look in their eyes.
As Ron tried getting back on his feet, Carl balled up his fist and punched him right in the face.
Ron's hand immediately strung up to cover his left eye.

"Carl, stop it!" I screamed at the top of my lungs before Carl threw another punch at Ron's cheek.

I started to walk away backwards, I couldn't take my eyes off of them even though I really wanted to.
Suddenly I bumped into what seemed like a body.

"Enid, what the hell's going on?!" Mikey exclaimed, putting both of his hands onto my shoulders.
His eyes flickered from my tear filled eyes to Ron and Carl shoving and punching each other in several spots.

"Mikey! Go get Carl's dad!" I said as I started wiping the tears off of my cheeks.
Mikey nodded and ran off towards Carl's house.

Carl's father was probably the only one who would be able to put Carl's mind out of this trance of violence.
I stared back at the fight.
Ron's eyes were bruised and his chin was bloody.
Carl's whole nose was bleeding and he had a bruised forehead.
They continued shoving,pushing, and punching and I just stood there like in idiot in shock.
I knew I had to do something but I didn't know what.

I turned to my left and recognized a house with a blue roof. This was where Hayden and Ken Taylor lived.
They were friends with Samantha and Joe. When Samantha was introducing me to them at their house, I overhead Hayden talking about a handgun that they kept in their house just incase something were to happen.
I ran up to the blue-roofed house and banged on the door several times before Hayden opened the door.
She stared at me in shock.
"E-Enid, what happened?" She asked me with a pitiful voice as she stared at my worried expression.
"I need your gun!" I exclaimed with tears streaming down my face.

"What-I-Enid I don't think-"

"Please! Please just-just trust me!" I said, while bawling my eyes out.

Hayden disappeared into her house for a few seconds before returning back in front of her door with a handgun.
She stared at me for a a few seconds with a very concerned face before sighing and putting the firearm in my hands.

I ran as fast as I could back to Ron and Carl.
Mikey wasn't back yet and the fight only seemed to be getting worse when Ron pinned Carl up against Alexandria's wall.
I walked slowly towards them, loading the gun.
I then put my shaking finger in front of the trigger guard and held the gun straight towards the sky.
As I pulled the trigger I heard people yelling and running behind me.
The single gunshot was very loud and Carl immediately stopped fighting and stared right at me. I stared back, lowering the handgun.

Ron pretended as if nothing had happened and he threw one last punch, hard enough to knock Carl out and and fall to the ground.

Before Ron could throw another punch at Carl's unconscious body, Carl's father ran to Ron's direction and wrapped his arms around him harshly and started to pull him away from his knocked out son.

"LET GO OF ME YOU ASSHOLE!" Ron yelled as he attempted to get out of Rick's hold.

People started to walk out of their houses to see what was causing all of the yelling and mayhem.

"Get Jessie." Mikey whispered.
I started to run towards the Anderson household with the handgun still locked in my hand.
---

I walked into Carl's bedroom and found the unconscious boy with the broken nose lying on his bed.

After the fight, Rick knocked out Ron when he tried attacking him. Jessie broke down in tears when she saw her son and Carl both lying on the ground with blood all over their faces and fists.

Jessie, Samantha, and another woman named Carol took Carl and Ron to their houses where they patched both of them up.

Carl had a broken nose and several bruises on his stomach and face while Ron had a slight black eye with several bruises as well.
It turns out that Ron was drunk and spent most of the day drinking his deceased father's old stash of liquor.

It explained why Ron wasn't acting like his normal self. Carl, on the other hand, was completely sober but still managed to act as wasted as Ron during the fight.

I was pissed at both of them but I still made an effort to make sure that they were both okay after they pretty much almost killed each other over what?
Over me?
Over their dads?

Suddenly Carl's eyelids started to twitch before they opened. I sat on a stool right beside his bed and gave him the tiniest smile I could make.
"So..." I said
Carl groaned as he tried to sit up.
"No...rest." I put my hand on his chest and had him lay back down.

"How's Ron?" Carl asked in a raspy, weak voice.
"He's okay." I said, not telling Carl about the black eye he gave Ron.
"He was drunk." I said as I brushed my thumb over the bandage on his nose.
He bled right through the bandage and I frowned at him as he stared at me with an emotionless face.

"Why did you do that?" I asked
"Do what?"
"Punch back."

Carl sighed and stared straight across his room.
"He was going to hurt you."
"Ron's not his dad." I said, frowning.
"You don't know what people are capable of these days." He said staring straight into my eyes with a worried expression.

It confused me why Carl was so worked up about me while he just got into a fight with his former friend and broke his nose.
Before I could say anything, the door was swung open.
I turned around to see Samantha standing in front of Carl's bedroom door.
"Enid, you should go back to the house, get some rest." She said while putting a hand on my shoulder.
I nodded and stood up.
Samantha then stared at Carl.
"You should get some rest too, and try not to get into another fight while you do so." She teased pointing at Carl.
"Alright." Carl said, smiling.
I chuckled and made my to the doorway.

"Goodnight, Enid." He said
"Goodnight, Carl."