Chapter 20

Once we reach Daniel's huge ass house more of a mansion. Richard got out the car and opened the door for me. I thanked him once again and stepped out then I fixed my dress. He walked me to the front door and into the house. The house is beautiful! I've never seen a house as beautiful as this. I mean Dmitri's was nice, but Daniel's is wow. Richard led me to the backyard that was beautifully decorated. Sitting at the table that was in the middle of the backyard was Daniel in a nice suit. When he noticed me he stood up and walked over.

" Thank you Richard, you can go " He says. Richard nods his head and turns around and walks back in the house.

" Hi " He says.

" Hi " I say.

" You look beautiful" He compliments.

" Thank you, you look really nice " I say.

" I try " he smiles. " So, shall we " He says gesturing to the table.

" We shall " I say. We both walk over to the table and he pulls my chair out for me. I thank him and sit down. He pushes the chair in for me and walks over to his side and sits down.

" So how are you?" He questions.

" I am good " I say. " You?"

" I'm fine " He says. " I'll just cut to the chase about why I asked you to come to dinner "

" Okay, go ahead " I say picking up a bread stick and putting it in my mouth.

" Okay I am going to be honest about this whole thing. I met Anita at a club like three years ago. I found her attractive, she found me attractive so we got to know each other....way more than I expected. We ended getting really drunk and going to an hotel, all I remember if that night was us having sex and then everything else blanked out. The next morning I woke up with her wrapped around my body and stuff. I like went to go move her arm off of me and I saw a ring on it. I could've sworn she didn't have that on last night. But I didn't want to wake her up and ask her. So I whet to the bathroom and do what I gotta do. I came back and she was up so I decided to ask her what's up with the ring. And she told me that I proposed to her-

" Wait, you proposed to her? " I say taking another breadstick.

" I guess. But I didn't remember and I still don't remember proposing til this day. Anyway she told me I proposed and shit. So I was like well I was obviously drunk so I wasn't serious. And she started crying and talking about how no one wants her, and that no niggas want her and shit. You know I'm a sweet guy, I felt bad so I was like fine she can keep the ring. But we are not making any wedding plans til we actually get to know each other, and she agreed. But I honestly don't know what happened but three months later we got married. And during the course of our marriage I couldn't stand her or anything about her. She talked to much, she is disrespectful and thinks everything revolves around her. That's why I lied about being married " He says taking a sip of his wine.

" How come you didn't divorce her?" I ask.

" I was going to, but then we found out she was pregnant. You can't divorce a pregnant woman" He says.

" Did you tell her you were going to divorce?" I question.

" Yea " He says.

" And then she told you she was pregnant " I say.

" Yea " He says.

" After you told her you wanted a divorce" I say taking a sip of my wine.

" Yes, " He says.

" Nigga she ain't pregnant! The bitch tryna keep you in a marriage you don't want " I say. Is he really this dumb?!

" Yea she is. She was throwing up and everything " He says.