Chapter Two: Meeting My New Family

“Flight 265 non-stop to Washington will begin boarding rows 1-15.” The lady on the loudspeaker said, sounding bored.

“This is it,” I thought to myself, “The start to the rest of my life.”

“Now boarding rows 16-25” The loudspeaker person said again.

“That’s me.” I mumbled to myself. Right now my parents were on a completely different side of the airport, waiting for their flight to New York that would take them directly to Russia. I would miss them so much.

Me, being an only-child, made me have this weird connection that my friends who had siblings didn’t have with their parents.

Once I got on the plane, I calmed down. It was only a five-hour flight, right? I was wearing Tyler’s sweatshirt to help me get through this life-altering stage in my life, but it still didn’t help the fact that I was moving in with seven boys.

Once I got to the airport in Washington, I didn’t know where to look or who to look for.

Suddenly I heard someone calling my name, “Jessica? Jessica Rode? Is that you darlin’? Ahh! You’re so grown up now!” Gina Walter said as she grabbed me into a tight bear hug.

“Uh, you can call me Jess now.” I said, flabbergasted.

“What is with this big jacket on you?” Gina started, “Let’s get it off and let your body shine!”

This woman could not be serious, “Uh, no I’m fine,” I said while tugging Tyler’s-my, jacket away from her.

“Okay, okay, let’s just get you home!” She said.

“I have to get my bags!” I yelled, she was heading the other way, the opposite way of the bagging swirly-thing.

“Oh! Whoops!” she sang, and then came back to me and looping her arm around mine, we headed toward the luggage carousal.

Once I got my bags and got everything situated into the mini van and slipped on my Ray Bans, we were off into the wonderful country of Washington State.

Trying to break the awkward silence that was slowly forming, I asked, “Is there a volcano anywhere near you guys’ house?”

“No, sorry sweetie,” she said politely, “I heard you like photography.”

I looked at her weirdly because I didn’t recall telling her.

Sensing my weirdness of how she found out she said, “Your dad told me.”

I made an o with my mouth and then Gina said, “I have a son that likes artsy kind of stuff like that,” she nodded, “his name is Logan. I think he’s the same age as you, 16, right?”

“Yup.” I said, popping the ‘p’. I got my driver’s license the day I turned 16, but now I wasn’t sure if it would be valid here because I only had an Ohio one.

***

When we got to the house all I could stare at were the guys who were playing football. Are these the same boys I had seen in pictures Scott and Gina showed my family when they came to my house?

They all stopped when they heard the car roll up. “Hey mom!” one of them yelled.

I couldn’t deny that I was freaked out. They all looked so mature since I had saw them last. I felt out of place in my skinny jeans and hoodie, whilst they were all shirtless and in those baggy sweat shorts.

My eyes widened as the strongest one strutted over to me, “Hey, Jess right?” I nodded, not able to speak, “I’m Nate.”

I scoffed, “Wait you’re REALLY Nate? Nate Miller? The one I accidentally punched in the face for tapping my shoulder?”

“Yeah, that’s me,” he said, “and I’m still scarred from when you did that, even though I was 7 and you were only 6.”

Leave it to me to say something as embarrassing as that to a REALLY hot guy.

“Yeah, well I guess I do that to some people.” And again with the embarrassing things being said…

“So this is the chick that’s gonna be bunking with us?” another voice piped up.

“This chick has a name,” I say, hoping that it was a good comeback.

“And that name would be Jessica, right?” I heard another voice say. I swiveled around to see another attractive boy. How was I going to do this?

“Uh,” I said, stuttering, “you can call me Jess.”

“And you can call me Logan,” he said.

So this was the infamous Logan, eh?

“Cool,” I said, not knowing what to say back.

“Do you need any help with your bags?” Gina asked.

“Yeah, since I packed everything you know.” I did pack everything, memorabilia of my times in Ohio (and all the other states I’ve lived in), all my clothes, and all of my shoes. That all added up to a whopping FOUR suitcases and one other bag for all my makeup and ‘personal’ items.

“Okay here, I’ll have the boys help you.” I then see Logan and Nate being motioned up to where we were to help me.

I quickly grabbed my bag of personal items and my undergarment and shoe suitcase so they wouldn’t have to deal with anything embarrassing if the zipper broke.

As we walked to the house after Nate and Logan picked up my suitcases I sighed. I really didn’t want to start over in a new school, or start over in a new family, but I didn’t want to move to Russia, so yeah I guess this is kind of my only choice.

When we got to the room I would be staying in the boys dropped my stuff. Nate asked, “What do you have in there?”

He was carrying the case with the photo books and jeans, “Pictures and jeans, to put it bluntly.”

“And which bags did I get?” Logan asked.

“T-shirts, and part of my shoes,” I said, yes I had a bunch of shoes, mainly which were DC’s, TOMS, and flats. In the suitcase I carried the shoes I had in there were Nike’s and flip-flops, which were considerably lighter than the other ones.

“Only part?” Logan questioned.

“Yeah, I had the other part,” I giggled.

“Jeez, that’s a boatload of shoes you got going,” Logan said, making me giggle even more.

I don’t know what it was about Logan, but I was oddly drawn to him.

******

HELLO PEOPLE WHO READ MY STORY!

Sorry for the long overdue update......

But I was on a roll last night with this story, so you know how that goes....

ANYWAYS I'm gonna start doing song of the chapter, which is basically my favorite song at the moment, this upload's is All Time Low-Circles.

Um I need FIVE VOTES on this chapter, then I will update immediately after I get those five votes.

Sorry, I just need some reassurance that people are reading my stories.

See you in five votes!

-Aly