Epilogue

My wife pulled my hand, laughing as she skipped across the cobblestone road. The giddy children around us only spurred her on. Why wouldn't they? We were headed to an orphanage, getting ready to adopt the brother and sister pair we had had our eyes on for awhile.

Much had changed since that day. Lydia was executed by the orders of King Alec and his new bride and queen, Katherine. Sawyer met a girl as well. She was a commoner named Penelope. Sawyer had married her fairly recently. Everything seemed perfect with a king like Alec and a family that was happy.

Reagan and I married a month after that day. She looked beautiful in the white gown that Katherine insisted she wore. I wouldn't have cared if she was in rags. Sawyer made me wear a nice shirt that belonged to an aristocrat as well as nice trousers. My hair was in a top-knot while Reagan's hair was in a fiery braid.

We had moved out of the castle, living in a nice home near the marketplace. Sawyer lived a few houses down the street. We would visit the royals often.

Now, two months after our wedding, Reagan and I wanted kids. We decided to pick a pair of siblings; a redheaded boy named Lionel and his little sister, a dirty blonde girl named Beth. He was so protective over her, and she clung to him. We couldn't separate them.

"Are you ready, Mum? Reagan grinned widely, swinging my hands in her own.

"Only if you are, Mummy." I leaned in to kiss her.

We had decided, after much thought, Reagan would be 'mummy' and I 'mum.' I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I didn't want to be called 'dad.'

At the orphanage, I felt incredibly sick. Our lives were going to change in a huge way. Standing here now, waiting for the woman to fetch my kids, seemed too unreal and I wasn't sure if I was ready anymore.

The panic was setting in.

"Lane, my love, settle down," Reagan cupped my face. "They will love you. You have nothing to worry about."

I nodded, feeling my nerves settle a bit. However, when the woman returned with a young girl in one arm and held onto a boy's hand with the other, my nerves galloped faster than a jousting horse. The woman handed Beth over to Reagan. I could see my wife practically melt as the three year old nuzzled into her neck.

My gaze dropped down to the five year old boy. I squatted down, smiling nervously at him. He tried to smile back.

"You seem nervous, buddy," I pushed hair away from his face. He nodded. "It's okay, I am too."

"Why are you?"

"Well, your new mummy and I already love you so, so much. We get to take care of you and your sister now. Mummy and I will do everything to keep you two happy. That's a lot of pressure. But we can't wait."

"Okay, mum." He grinned a grin that had teeth missing.

Lionel was on my back when I stood up. I kissed Beth's cheek, making the three year old giggle.

"We will love you two forever." Reagan whispered, kissing both of our children and then me.

A smile welded onto both of our faces, we sealed our deal with a kiss.

So that's it! This was my first girlxgirl so hopefully it wasn't too bad. I'm currently working on another story called Styx and Stones! I have no clue when it'll be done so bear with me. I hope y'all enjoyed this story! Thank you!