Chapter 7: The Mixer

We make it downstairs and exit the premises. A gorgeous black 22 passenger Cadillac stretch limo waits right outside the building. A muscled man that looks as if his suit is too tight for his arms and chest, approaches us."How're ya doing Mr. Boveri?" Muscle dude asks with a polite nod.

"Just fine Neil. My guest will be joining us tonight," Dominic said gesturing to me.
Muscle dude, named Neil, nods at me, but I can't really read his expression. For all I know he can be annoyed that I'm there, or flat out just not like me.

Dominic signaled for me to get into the backseat first. He closes the door and goes to the other side to enter the limousine himself.
I don't see him put on any seatbelt. Since I don't want to look like a loser I don't put mine on either. I feel stupid. Should I put on my seatbelt to show him I'm responsible? If I do it and make him look stupid, will that make him angry that I made him look bad? Am I really just reading too much into things and being a dork?
It's then that I notice him staring at me.

"So how long have you been doing the YouTube thing?," he asks.
He looks so gorgeous in his suit. Oh my gosh his legs are so long... and they're wide open.
"About five years."
"That's all?" he asks.
"It does seem longer, doesn't it?" I respond.

He smiles politely as he sits back further into the luxurious chair. At times during the ride I forget that were in a car. Dominic is sitting across from me in the very back seat while I sit along on one of the very long side chairs which line the side of the Cadillac.
He reaches his long arm into a tray I never noticed was in front of me. He slid back the top of it and withdrew a tall bottle.

"Champagne?" He asks me.
I snap out of it. For a moment I really want to say no. However, I want so much to impress him.

"I'll have a little bit," I say as a smile.
He pours a glass for me. The champagne glasses look so elegant and almost appear to be glass flowers.
When I sip the champagne, I expect there to be a bitter sour taste. Imagine my surprise when all I taste is sweet delectable fizz.
"Mmm. Wow. I've never tasted champagne like this," I remark licking my lips.
I am heavily aware of every move that I make and every expression I wear on my face. My entire being is focusing its energy into impressing this man. It makes me feel stiff and tense.
"That's because you never really had champagne," he quipped back with a smirk.

****

I don't even notice the limousine come to a halt.

"We're here," says Dom as he fixes his suit.
We hadn't said much for the latter part of the journey. I felt as though I talked a lot due to me being so nervous. Gosh. I hope I didn't make a total fool out of myself. He had put his finger up during a part of my screed to take a call.
I had been getting into it only to come to an abrupt and embarrassing standstill. Dominic was graceful about it, but it's one of those feelings that you get when somebody stops you to answer a phone call, or to say hello to someone else, and then you notice at that moment how much you have been talking. You feel like you don't want to continue what you were saying when the person to whom you were speaking finally decides to return their attention to you.

I make a move to get out of the car when Dom places a gentle hand on my knee to say,
"Lacie please. Sit."
He then exits from the driver side of the limousine to then walk around to my side to open the door for me. 
I had seen his driver hurry to get out of the car right before Dominic made his exit only for Dominic to wave him a dismissal, which told the driver- "I got it."

I feel like a Disney princess. Well... Never mind.
The interior of the limousine had smelled so new, but when I exit and smell the fresh and exciting air I can't help but to take a deep breath.
When I look over to my right, Dominic is holding up his left arm in a gesture for me to link mine with his.
We walk arm in arm towards the breathtaking building.
Being this close to Dominic, the closest I've ever been, makes my legs weak.
'Please don't fall over. Please don't fall over,' I keep internally chanting to myself as we walk towards the entrance.  

****

Stepping into the cool building, I'm hit with a rush of sensations. Cool and soothing air, the smell of good (well prepared and expensive food), and the sound of great but not overpowering music. Let me tell you, there are people... everywhere. Holy divine Moses. 

Dominic, speaks into my ear saying, 

"I want to introduce you to a few people."

"Okay!" I yell back a little too loud. 

He leads me over to a small group. The first thing I notice is that everyone looks as though they were just cut out from a fashion magazine. Great. I don't fail to notice the girls eye me from top to bottom before sipping their drinks and giving each other the "code" stares. This is going to be fun. 

****

Hope you enjoyed guys! I know this is progressing slowly, but I'm a Youtuber and I have so many projects that I'm juggling on a day-to-day basis. Please bare with me. Love you kittens!

[Up top, concept of Dominic]