This Is Gospel (Destiel Songfic)

All characters belong to the Supernatural writers, and This Is Gospel song and its lyrics belong to Panic! At The Disco.

(A/N: I'm sorry in advance because this might give some feels. Also s8 finale maybe s9 spoilers. And s7 I guess.)

___________

'This is gospel, for the fallen ones, locked away in permanent slumber..."

The wind whistled and the cold pierced Castiel Novak as he walked urgently down the sidewalk, heading to the cafe where he would meet him.

For the last time.

Ever since Castiel had lost his grace, and the rest of the angels had fallen, Cas knew what it felt to be human. Castiel couldn't grasp it. All these feelings and emotions! He didn't understand it!

Castiel wanted to warn his brothers and sisters about these emotions, if they ever had their grace stolen from them, then they would know to stay away from the people they cared for.

For Castiel had an emotion that was stronger than hunger, stronger than hate, stronger than anything he had ever felt in the short amount of time being human.

It involved Dean, in a way. He had always felt a need to protect him, ever since he had raised him from perdition. But it was not a need to protect that this feeling was; he had that before he lost his grace.

This feeling made his stomach feel as if he had those Leviathians writhing inside him again.

It made his heart beat faster, and he would feel that if he said one thing wrong to him, the world would crumble into pieces of dust.

"Whatever this feeling is," Cas had muttered to himself, "It can't be good."

'Assembling their philosophies, from pieces of broken memories..."

He assumed that maybe God had a stronger relationship with this beautiful creation than the angels. Maybe God had given people something to warn them when someone would be hurt.

Castiel decided that this was a message, either from God or his new human brain, that if Cas didn't 'get the hell out of doge' (as Dean would say), then Dean would die.

Castiel was nervous: which was (on the other hand) an emotion he knew well. Dean and Sam would feel nervous before a big hunt, even if they didn't admit it. That was one of many things Castiel missed about being an angel. He could tell when they were nervous, so he could be there to comfort them.

Castiel felt his heart beating in his chest. Faster and faster, he knew that this was nerves. Nerves seemed to be a sub-emotion of this unknown feeling. He felt his heart, as if it were to leap out of his chest. Castiel flashed back to when he was still an angel, working as a hunter on that 'cartoon' case. Maybe his heart would leap out of his chest. It felt like it anyway.

This

Faster.

Is

Walking faster.

The

Heart beating faster.

Beat

Everything seemed to move faster.

Of

His heart moved faster.

My