Back In 15 Minutes (Phan)

Inspired by a creepypasta (I think it's called An Egg)
__________

Dan Howell had a happy life. Sure, it did have its dark spots, and some days were not full of laughter and joy, but right now, Dan was overjoyed. Everything was looking up. He had a great boyfriend, a nice apartment and his Youtube channel was flourishing. He was walking on cloud nine, and at this moment, he felt as if nothing could bring him down.

The air around him was cool, not freezing, but just nice enough that the gentle breeze was icy and refreshing on Dan's face, like he'd settled down in a pool on a hot summer's day. As Dan walked down the sidewalk, his shoes creating echoes around him, the shopping bag he held banged constantly against his left leg.

His boyfriend Phil Lester was back at home making dinner: a healthy stir fry.

----

"We need to eat a little healthier, Dan." Phil had said.

"How do you propose we do that?" Dan asked. He knew that neither of the two were very good at cooking much in the way of meals.

"We'll just actually use the internet for something useful in real life!" Phil grinned, picking up his laptop and showing Dan the recipe on the screen.

"A stir-fry? Are we going to make a stir-fry?" Dan exclaimed.

"No, I'm going to make a stir-fry." Phil's eyes lit up, making Dan's heart flutter as Phil tilted his head to the side like a puppy dog begging for food.

"Really?" Dan smirked and put his hands on his hips. "Well, what am I going to do while you make our stir-fry?"

"You can get some dessert. I'll be in charge of dinner, you can be in charge of dessert." Phil explained, sounding as if he was speaking to a three year old.

Pushing a nylon shopping bag into Dan's hand, Phil turned around to the benchtop to prepare some vegetables.

Phil looked so cute. He was facing away from Dan, but Dan could still notice so many beautiful things about him from behind, not just from the front.

The way he tapped his foot and hummed softly to a Fall Out Boy song playing faintly in the background. Dan almost sighed with contentment. How did Dan deserve this? His life growing up was so incomplete, missing all the pieces of the puzzle that was his existence. Now, he had found the missing pieces. Though he still contemplated the meaning of life, he was beginning to feel content with it. Though he probably didn't have as many friends and social gatherings as other people his age, he had friends who cared about him. Although he'd never had anyone outside his relations who really loved him, he now had Phil, who really cared.

"Dance, dance!" Phil exclaimed, his quiet humming notes becoming lyrics.

Dan slowly walked to Phil's side and pecked him gently on the cheek. He couldn't really resist. Rather quickly and suddenly, Phil turned to face Dan, almost leaping on him, and kissed him passionately for a few seconds before they broke apart.

"Woah- uh- Phil, what was that? I-I mean, I liked it, but-" Dan muttered speechlessly, not wanting to offend him. Phil never usually made sudden romantic movements towards Dan. He always seemed to be slow and shy and you always knew that he was going to kiss you before he did. This wasn't like Phil. This seemed to be more like Dan...

"I dunno. I felt like it." Phil whispered breathlessly to Dan, as their faces were still only a few inches apart.

Dan Howell and Phil Lester looked into each other's eyes, staring deeply into the other's soul.