Lessons

Maths is easy. We spend the lesson solving simple problems.
I reach question 5 and it says;

A triangle with sides that can be written in the form n2 + 1,n2 and 2n (where n > 1) is right angled. Show, by means of a counter example, that the converse is false.

I would show you how I worked it out (in only 3 minutes and 52 seconds) but it would take up too many pages.

After this class I have dance. I'm not sure what type of dance, but at least this will give my a chance to ask about the ballet programme.

I make my way to C588 for dance. When I reach it, I realise I'm the first there and I see a teacher in the corner. She is wearing a leotard and pointe shoes. That can only mean one thing: BALLET! Yippee!

I walk over to her and say "Excuse me," She spins around and looks at me.
"Can I 'elp?" She says. She has a French accent.
"Um, yes. I'm Lola and I'm new here and I heard I.S.C.G ran a ballet programme and I was wondering if you knew anything about it?"
"Of course I know somesing about it, I run it." She replies. "But," she adds, "you 'ave to audition."
"Ok," I say eagerly, "can I audition in this class?"
"If you don't mind doing it in front of zee other students, yes."
I squeal with delight "Thank you, um..."
"Mademoiselle Perrimous." She says. I nod and run off to change.

When I get back, the other students are in the small hall. Mademoiselle Perrimous sees me and hushes the other students.
"This is Lola," she gestures towards me as I walk towards her. "She would like to audition for zee ballet troupe and would like to do it now."
For the third time today, everyone is looking at me. I suddenly remember something as I stare at their feet. None of them are wearing pointe shoes. I am. "Can I wear pointes?" I ask.
"Just zis once. When you're ready, Lola." I request a song (For Elise) and begin to dance.

I do the routine I learned for a show in which I performed solo in the Royal Albert Hall. Its the hardest routine I know.

When I finish, the room is silent. Then, as if I'm some movie star walking down the red carpet, everyone, including Mademoiselle Perrimous, starts cheering and clapping and whooping. I feel my cheeks flush a deep shade of crimson as I curtsy. "Vell done, Lola," says Mademoiselle Perrimous, "You made it into zee troupe."
I grin as I say, "Thank you!"