Urgency

Now that both Fawn and Jenny have been kidnapped, there is definitely an urgency to my training. I begin to miss more and more lessons, until all I do is training.

About two weeks into that intensive training, Mr Stanley decides to give me a 'test'.

"Right." He begins, as we walk to the training hall, "We'll start with some simple agility. Three backflips then an ariel, please."

I do so perfectly and he writes something down on his clipboard. Then he says, "OK, now a front flip then some handsprings."
Again, I perform them without any mistakes and Mr Stanley writes something else on his clipboards.

"Now some brain work." He hands me a few sheets of rough blank paper, then switches on the large cinema-style television on the wall.

A picture comes up. It's of Fawn Delier. She is holding some textbooks. After about 4 seconds, it flicks to another picture of Fawn, which at first looks the same, but after closer inspection I realise it has some changes.

"Write down the 12 differences," says Mr Stanley.
I begin noting things down, for example;
•different colour textbook
•no door on side of second building
•lighter shade of grey on walls on first pic
Etc.

I hand my list to Mr Stanley and for the third time, he writes something down on his clipboard.

Then he looks up at me and says, "go have a break now, Lola."
I nod and leave the hall.

Outside, I spot Charlie. She's sitting on a bench, talking to someone. I take another look and see that it is Jake, a boy in our class. Ooh! I think.

Later, I finish my test (the rest of it was more brainwork then I watched a film on 'Becoming a Spy'. Fun fun fun.

I go back to my dorm. Nobody is on there. A few minutes later I hear a gentle knock on the door. "Come in!" I shout.
Charlie peeks her head round the door.
"Hey Charlie!" I say.
"Hi." She replies.
"Oh, I saw you with Jake earlier. What where you talking about?"
She blushes a deep shade of red and says, "oh, nothing."
"Mmm hmm... Ok." I grin.
"Anyway," Charlie changes the subject, "where were you earlier? I was looking for you everywhere!"
"Oh, I was in town," I lie. I hate lying, especially to sweet little Charlie, but I can't exactly say 'oh, I've just been training to become a spy so I can save two girls and the rest of the world from the evil English government,' can I?