≈Chapter 1 - School Start≈

"Sophie? Sophie?! Sophie baker?! Are you awake?!" Shouts a voice outside the window. Sophie, the girl from the start we know as "she", is a girl with dark brown, long hair and was a bit taller than average in size for an 11 year old. She has quick reflexes. She also loves to laugh and have fun. She also likes Martial Arts, which she started on in the end of year 6 and is still doing it.
Sophie opens her eyes and graduatly stands up, walks to the window to pull her curtains away and look outside the window to see who interrupted her sleep. It's a nice, warm, sunny morning, great for a school day, thought Sophie. She looked down at the pavement and discovered her friend Amanda in full uniform was waiting outside. She has long black and quite wild hair with green eyes and a pointy nose. She's quite clever, but full of surprises. "Sophie! Do you have any idea what time it is?!" Sophie slowly moved her head from the window to the alarm and opened her eyes wide. "Oh no, I'm going to be late!" She half sprinted and half fell towards the bathroom door as she wasn't fully awake. She got dressed, brushed her teeth and hair and went to the toilet only in 6 minutes. She thundered downstairs and into the kitchen, finding a piece of bread with strawberry jam on a plate and a glass of water beside it. Her mum, Clara, sat on the opposite side of the table, reading a book. "That's probably a new personal best for sleeping in." Clara said with a bit of a giggle. 
Sophie quickly drank the water then fetched the piece of bread and stuffed it in her mouth. "I got to go, thanks for the breakfast." she said with her mouth full of food while she stormed towards the door to put her shoes on while she ate. She grabbed the door and pulled it open, turned around, went to the other side of the door and closed it. She spun around and speedily headed towards her friend that was waiting outside.
"I'm so sorry," Sophie said breathlessly to Amanda.
Amanda gave her a typical look and smiled as she funnily said "it was about time, I was getting kind of worried that you wouldn't come to the first day of secondary school." They started walking towards school in a steady tempo.
"It's not a big deal," Sophie said carelessly. "The school will be a lot more boring now that only you made it to the same school." She looked up in the sky and closed her eyes. "The school sounds weird anyway. Rossington Valley, what kind of a name is that for a school?"
Amanda looked at her friend with a worried look. "Are you nervous as well?"
"A little," Sophie looked back at her with a thoughtful look. "But what is there to be worried about really?"
"You've got a point." Answered Amanda with a head full of thoughts. Then a big smile started to form on her face like the cheerful sun getting past a big, sorrowful cloud. Amanda started sprinting in front of Sophie, she stopped a few cars away, jumped around to face Sophie and shouted happily: "It's like going on an adventure!" Sophie stopped, made a massive smile, and jogged up to join her excited friend and head to their first day of their new school.
Sophie liked adventures, she also loves reading and so did Amanda. Sophie was the type of girl to have many hobbies. A joyful child with lots of fun dreams and wishes. Even if Sophie has many friends, Amanda was the best one she had. They had been friends since year 1 and has always stayed with her. They were like best friends forever. Whenever Sophie went climbing, Amanda was always watching her. Amanda loved an English sport called netball, and whenever she played in the school team and in competitions with other schools, Sophie was always watching.

Sophie and Amanda arrived at school 15 minutes before school starts because of the shortcut Amanda knew about. They stood on top of the hill looking down at a huge group of year 7s waiting outside the school doors.
"Wow, there are so many people in one place!" Said Sophie with a shocked face.
"There are more than 250 people joining year 7, so it's no surprise." Amanda told Sophie with a calm voice. Sophie looks into the crowd from the hill to see if there are anyone from her previous school when she suddenly thinks she spotted someone, but not from her previous school.
"Hey, Amanda? Might that be Sarah? Sarah, 2nd place in the climbers top 10? Down there with another group?" Sophie was starting to get a bad feeling.
"No way. At least I don't don't think so. What would be the chances?" Said Amanda in the hope of making her feel better.
"Are you sure?" Sophie was starting to look nervous.
"I'm positive." Replied Amanda steadily. They saw the school doors opening and headed down towards where the gigantic crowd had been only a minute ago. Now they where all inside the school trying to find out where to go.
There were 2 teachers holding the door up. One of them smiled to Sophie and Amanda and said "welcome to year 7," while the other one stared into the distance.
Steadily the girls entered the hallway and looked at the notice board where the forms of all year 7 forms where placed. Sophie looked to find her name, hoping that it would be in the same one as Amanda's. Sophie finally located her name in a form and looked at Amanda. "7DM, Maths - room 6" Sophie said to Amanda and got disappointed when she saw her friend's face.
Immediately after came a quiet, sad peep from Amanda and Sophie could just hear the words "7ML, Maths - room 2".
"Oh well," Sophie added to try making her feel better "our forms are only a small part of the school day."
"I suppose so," whispered Amanda.
Sophie could understand why she was sad, they'd always been together in their forms, it was a big step, a hard one.
The two of them walked up to a teacher "excuse us sir, but where is the Maths department?" Asked both of them at once. "Along the corridor and up the left stairs, then to the right and the Maths department is on your right" the teacher replied to them nicely. Sophie was so confused, as she wasn't used to hear so many directions at once, but luckily Amanda caught all of it. "Thanks sir." They said and marched off, following the corridor. As they encounter the Maths department, they discover that their form was on different sides of the massive room. They walked towards each form room, giving a friendly 'see you later'.
  Shyly, Sophie entered her from seeing so many unfamiliar faces. Everyone was sitting in friend groups, so the only seat for her was at the middle front. She slowly walked towards the empty seat and nervously sat down, facing the front.
   The teacher entered the room just before the bell went. Sophie thought miss looked amazing, she had beautiful short black hair. Sophie was sure that the very straight, shiny hair was made of silk as it looked so soft. She had a pretty face with excited  blue eyes. She was pretty young, or she looked young. Sophie made a guess that she was around 20 years old. She had beautiful clothes which fit her perfectly. She was very tall and you could see that this would be a lovely teacher.
"Good morning everyone!" She greets them with a confident and kind voice. She spoke with a wonderful British accent that suited her personality well. "I'm miss Madison. Pleased to meet you all." She had a little pause to look across the room from right to left.  "Now, let's all get to know each other. Let's start from the bottom left corner and work our way to the top left corner, then we'll do the bottom middle to the top middle, and so on." She waved her hands around the classroom. She were pretty energetic, but it actually made her look even better as the perfect teacher.
  Sophie thought that she was very organised when she said exactly how they would do it. She could also hear that she was quite excited. She was everything you could expect of a brilliant teacher, at least that's what Sophie thought.
  "Ok, who do we have in the bottom left corner?" She said and looked over all the heads to give her a motivating smile.
  "'I'm Ellie Smith." The girl said steadily.
  "Hi Ellie, nice to meet you." Madison started to put a tick beside a name on a piece of paper. Sophie guessed that it was the register that she later would put on the computer.
"Alright, now who's the one above Ellie?" Continued miss Madison.
  "I'm Jack Scott, miss." Replied the boy while looking at his fingers.
  "Nice to meet you, Jack." Miss ticket another name. And so it kept going for a while, until she came to Sophie.
  "And who is this fine lady at the middle front?" Miss smiled at Sophie.
  "My name is Sophie, Sophie Baker, miss." Sophie looked behind her when she heard a bit of a giggle.
  "Wait, really? You're Sophie Baker?"
  Sophie turned her head back at miss that asked the question. She felt a bit weird when she saw the surprised face of the teacher. Madison looked down at the register and back at Sophie countless times. Sophie made a guess that she had overlooked her name when she did the register.
  "Yes miss, I'm Sophie Baker." Sophie answered politely back.
  "Well, nice to meet you, Sophie."
  The teacher kept taking the register until she was done with everyone.
  "I don't expect everyone to remember all of these names yet. You guys will learn the names fairly quickly I believe." Miss Madison said with a joyful tone. "You've got about 2 minutes left. You can get to do whatever you want." The happy teacher sat down and looked gracefully at Sophie.
  "So you're the famous climber? The top 1?"
  "Yes, that is true, miss." Sophie looked away a little as she didn't want to be too selfish.
  "Wow, that's great! I thought it would be you, I've watched you climb before, but I never thought I would see you up close and personal!" Miss laughed a bit when she saw how nervous Sophie looked. "I love people who climb, and you're the best one in my opinion."
  "Um, you think so?" Sophie started to sweat
"Of course." miss continued to looked at her a bit longer then turned her head steadily at a bunch of paper beside her.
  "Oh no! I forgot to give out the time tables!" Madison panicked a bit. Sophie made a guess that she was new at being an official teacher. Madison raised her voice so everyone could hear her clearly.
  "Um..." She started off slowly. "When the bell goes about now, come to me before leaving so I can give you your time tables for today." Immediately after she was finished talking the bell went and everyone stood up and walked towards miss and then to the door. It looked like Madison and Sophie had switched minds because miss was looking extremely tense as she smiled an anxious smile to everyone grabbing their time table while Sophie waited for everyone to go as she giggled in her palm. When the last person left the room, Sophie decided to walk up to miss to get her time table.
"Hehe, sorry about that" miss giggled apprehensively while scratching the back of her head.
Sophie looked at miss with a smile "thanks miss."
"No problem, have a nice day." Miss said calmly as Sophie left the room.
For some reason, that teacher had a beautiful glare. Sophie though while she walked towards her friend on the other side of the room.
"How was your form." Sophie asked curiously. As she came close to her friend.
Amanda looked back at her friend as she replied calmly. "It was alright, not as bad as I feared." She met Sophie's warm look with her own eyes. "Of course, it would have been a lot better if you'd been in it."
"Well obviously if we were in the same form everything would've been perfect." Sophie smiled. "But those weird teachers had to separate us." She made a grimace and both of them laughed.
They started walking out of the crowded department.
"Well, I've got geography, at least according to my time table."
"So do I!"
The pair of them exchanged their happy looks. They ploughed their way through the crowd of people towards a teacher telling directions to everyone.
"...down the stairs and to the left, then enter the corridor on your right and at the end of it to the right." The teacher shouted confidently. Just when the duo came near the teacher she shouted as loud as possible, not noticing Amanda and Sophie in front of her. "Geography is in Humanities department which is up the stairs, to your right and then to your right again."
(Humanities= Geography, History, RE and Citizenship)
Sophie was sure that her ears rang like church bells as the teacher roared the words out of her mouth. Sophie and Amanda started walking towards the stairs. It seemed almost impossible to get through the sea of people. While they went up the stairs, they both studied the time table.
"Looks like we're in the same Humanities" Amanda joyfully told Sophie.
"Yeah, that's great!" Sophie was excited how secondary classes would be. She was curious how the new classes would be as well. Sophie was about to find out something she wouldn't like, but she didn't know about it yet. When they came to the Geography place in Humanities department, they were asked to line up at the wall beside the door. A group came up the stairs like a gang and Sophie could hear a voice hissing out of the group that always gives her chills.
  "Well, isn't it Sophie Baker, Leeds top 1 climber."
  A well known person came out of the gang. The person had short dark brown hair with a straight, slightly overgrown fringe. Her eyes where emerald green and she was a skinny, short person. Sophie couldn't have forgotten that face if it was flattened by an Elephant. The girl standing in front of Sophie, was no one other than Leeds top 2nd climber. Sarah.