[eighteen]

Harry.

"Ashton, you got it," he whispers quietly. Her expression is unreadable. She was the new CFO in office and he couldn't exactly tell what she thought of it. He couldn't wipe the smile off of his face, he would get endless time with her during work.

"That's nice," she mutters. He furrows his eyebrows a bit. She notices the funny look on his face as she sits down on the couch. The small kitten crawled into her lap quietly. "Harry, I still don't know if I'm taking this job. It's so much responsibility and everyone will know my father owns this company. I don't want to seem like a spoiled child, because I'm honestly not."

He sighs, sitting beside her. His hand tries touching hers but she yanks it away, "You're the most responsible person I know. You shouldn't care what anyone thinks, you're opinion is the only one that applies to yourself."

She doesn't reply. Instead, she strokes the kitten and ignores Harry's existence for a moment. He watches her intently. The way her eyes soften at the sight of something she loves, the way her hand is so sensitive as if she's afraid she'll hurt the small creature, it makes him wonder. Is she the way she is because of him? Is she so appreciative, so defensive, and so careful because of this monstrosity of a man?

"I think I should go," Harry whispers, kissing her temple lightly. She jumps at the sudden contact, closing her eyes for a moment. He doesn't leave, though. He stays to watch her a while longer, not wanting to truly leave.

"I haven't talked to Marisa in a long time," she mutters, glancing at Harry. He nods, heart dropping into the pit of his stomach. If she knew, she'd never trust him again.

 He knew her, all of her secrets. He knew the fragile girl that wouldn't let him in because of her screwed up life. He knew what it was like to be screwed up. He knew how he'd feel if she had done the same to him. He shouldn't have done it, but it is what it is. What he knows he'll hold in his heart forever. If she doesn't tell him, open up to him eventually, would he crack and spill his knowledge?

"I think maybe you should stay and make dinner for us, I'll invite her over," she whispers. 

His heart clenches and his body tenses at the thought of being in the room with the two. He nods, "I really, really want to apologize for my actions, Ashton. I shouldn't have consulted your father for this job without your permission. I just want the best for you."

"And I'll never understand what I did to deserve your favor," she replies in honesty. She sits the kitten aside and stands, walking to the phone. Even though she didn't invite Harry over this evening, she knew her two favorite people would be together tonight. That's all she wanted at the moment, was to pretend she was normal and that these two people really were her friends.

When in reality, she knew they'd both betray her eventually; if they hadn't already.

--

So, this was vvv short but idk i think i like it. I finally got my laptop fixed and its the best feeling in the world. Guess what's happening in the next chapterrrrrrrr. Please comment and send me suggestions of what you think bc i'm not completely sure either. i got a small idea. I love your support

Thanks for reading. Ugh, i love you it means so mych. Please vote/ comment all that junk. ilysm