Chapter 2

After my father asked me for the millionth time if I was okay I just gave up and gave up and nodded.
"Okay, I'm going to take a shower." he mumbles sleepily walking into the bathroom and quietly shutting the door behind him.

Why does everyone keep asking me if I'm okay? Lately my friends Kate and Rachel have flipped over the smallest things too. Actually it's a little more like obsessing over me. I mean I already know that I'm a huge klutz and so does everyone else so they don't have to act surprised when I trip over thin air and walk into walls when I'm not paying attention. Sheesh! I've been bothering people since I could walk with this stupid klutziness! Ugh!!! Stupid me, now i'm obsessing. The over obsessing might be because the anniversary of my mom's death is this Thursday, but hell it's Monday and I don't really remember much about my mom considering she died when I was 5. All I really know is that I know is that I look EXACTLY like she did when she was 16 (which by the way is how old I am) My birthday is next Tuesday, March 25. I can't wait! Only a few more months until school ends and then I will be a senior. Then I leave and go to collage (if i get in to collage).

I look over to the clock and realize I've been daydreaming over this for almost 10 minutes and it's 7:15 and I only have 15 minutes to get down to the bus stop. I get up off the floor and my head starts thumping from the swelling I got when I hit my head. I look over at the desk and take the Aspirin bottle of the shiny surface. After I swallow two tablets I quickly get dressed, straighten and comb my hair and apply a little eyeliner, mascara and light pink lip gloss. I pull my skirt up to higher than school regulated and open the top button on my school uniform. I carefully place the grey and purple neck tie around my neck and look in the mirror on the back of the sliding closet doors. I look good! I think smirking to myself. That's right I'm actually pretty even though I'm a HUGE klutz and am not very smart. I'm not exceptionally skinny like the whores you see on the cover of Victoria's Secret catalogues because I don't starve myself for months at a time but I'm definitely far from fat. I have C cup breasts and long slender legs and I'm tan so I do make most of the guys in my class drool but I don't care about them at al. The only one I care about is Nate.

Nate Collins. The hottest, sexiest, sportiest, richest, coolest, smartest guy at our school. You think i'm exaggerating? Go ask his all too perfect girlfriend...that's right he has a girlfriend but even I can see he doesn't like her at all. He probably is only going out with her so the other girls in out school will leave him alone.

That brings me back to the next part of what I want to say next. I go to a really weird school. When I say I don't mean weird teachers or weird students (or weirder students than what's usual at any school. The sluts, the whores, the jocks, the emos, the loners, the druggies, and the geeks) I mean the system that my school runs by is totally whacked.

The whole school is separated into classes. That's not the weird part. The weird part is that they separate us by letter. A being the smartest and most talented kids through F for the slackers and kids who think they can breeze through high school. The truth is that most of us could be in B and C class if we really tried but I shouldn't be talking 'cause I'm asleep in all my classes so when tests roll around I have no idea what we were learning. The teacher stopped giving me them and just giving me the zero so I could save us both the time and effort of pretending I know what's on the paper. I'm in class F and Nate is in class A so if I even went near him people would think I was insane.

I take another look at the clock and it's 7:25! Luckily, it only takes two minutes to get to the bus stop from this hotel. I begin to walk out and grab the envelope from the nightstand on my way out. I run to the bus stop with two minutes to spare so I put on my iPod and listen to Stereo Love waiting for the bus.