The Search Begins

Kuriza POV:

I rose from my slumber, peeking beside me where Solstice curled up to rest. Solstice was still fast asleep in the bedding she made for me, breathing in rhythm with me. I never expected last night; hearing her admit she treasured my wellbeing over her tail- or her life. I decided that we were rested enough to start our search for the Dragon Balls, so I attempted to wake Solstice up.

"Is it morning already?" She yawned and stretched.

"Yes. We have a lot of work ahead of us today. I'd prefer to get it started."

"You don't have to be so pushy." She retorted while leaning against me.

"I wasn't being pushy, I was being straightforward. Just get off me!" I nudged her and she got the message.

"Where would we even find these D-" Solstice paused as she realized the crater indented on what used to be our campsite. "Did that happen last night? Because I don't recall a giant crater being part of it." I gave her a coy look.

"I guess I don't know my own strength." That must have come from my nerves from last night, when I was feeling odd.

"Okay, craters aside. Where would we even find a Dragon Ball?"

"Probably in some filthy monkey temple built out of their dung-" I quickly covered my mouth.

"Kuriza! You sound just like your father! Where did that come from?" Solstice smiled, amused at my resentment that surfaced.

"Let's hurry up and find the cursed things so I can leave this planet." I soared into the air and flew off with Solstice following.