Chapter 2

Addison was terribly tired the next morning when she filled her to-go mug with coffee, she had stayed the night with Alice' baby Jane. Her mind was somewhere else while she walked trough the corridors of Seattle Grace with a hot steamy mug of coffee, and before she knew it, she had poured the whole content of her mug over the clothes of an attractive doctor. "Oh fuck-" hissed Addison while she tried to clean his shirt with a tissue, "It's fine" smiled the black haired doctor. The tone in his voice send a shiver down Addison's spine, and when she finally felt less ashamed and felt able to look up: the doctor had turned alround already straight to the lounge. Addison looked down to her feet again only to see stains of dark coffee on her new white shoes "Fuck-" she muttered to her self "What a crappy morning".

Addison had changed into a new pair of shoes when she heard whispers from people when she passed, Addison looked in the view of a window to see if her hair was sitting okay, and if her clothes were okay, since those were all good she decided to walk further, still an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach. Addison finally saw a familiar face approach " Hi" smiled Addison, the smile altough, not reaching her eyes "Do i have something in my teeth or something?" asked Addison while exposing her white ,perfectly set teeth "No, but i do have a question for you?" responded Callie in a serious tone, but a smile creeping onto her face big "Uh- what?" asked Addison uneasy afraid of rumors that were possibly already spread about her "Why did you throw coffee over our best neurosurgeon?" asked Callie, swallowing back a chuckle. "I did what?" asked Addison in a high pitched voice "Right near the entrance, you just dropped the content all over his chest" chuckled Callie "I accidentally bumped into someone this morning yeah, but i did not drop my coffee on his chest on purpose, it was an accident" shrieked Addison "Well calm down, my dear i heard it from Nurse Debbie, whom saw it happen and she is also very fond of Doctor Shepherd, so she didn't take this morning's occuring lightly" stated Callie " Aha.." muttered Addison, placing her fingers on her chin to look more like she's actually thinking "His name's Doctor Shepherd huh?" asked Addison finally after 5 minutes of staring into space "Yes, he's god damn handsome" stated Callie while re reading something in the chart she was holding "Oh- uh- you two are uh- involved?" stuttered Addison awkardly "Oh god no, i am perfectly fine with my girlfriend " smiled Callie, "Oh- yes-yes" smiled Addison. "Okay, soo-" started Addison " I need to get my resident to learn some neaonatal stuff on our case, want to meet up for coffee after our shift?" asked Addison "Yeah sure, as long as you don't throw it all over my chest" chuckled Callie, whom walked into the other direction.

"Stevens, NICU, Now!" said Addison, a simple smile on her face as an attempt to hide the harsh demanding tone in her voice "Yes Doctor Montgomery" sighed Izzie, while leaving the cafeteria table she was sitting at with her friends Addison looked over at the other residents sitting at Izzie's table and only recognized Cristina Yang, so Addison decided to introduce "Okay so i am Doctor Addison Montgomery, head of the neonatal department, as you are residents i am sure you've all found a liking to a specific speciality, that does not mean that you can avoid specific specialty's so you all will be on my service soon " ranted Addison, "Soo- What are your names?" added Addison "Meredith Grey" "Alex Karev" "George O'Malley" " Cristina Yang" "I-i'm still an intern, Lexie Grey" "Very well" smiled Addison with a statisfied grin "Stevens follow me" she said.

Izzie and Addison entered the NICU, gloved and gowned them selves and walked up to Box 3 where Alice's baby Jane was laying, the sack still out of her tiny body, Izzie grabbed the pastry and slowly started smeering it over the baby's organ sack carefully. "It really needs to be done carefully" whispered Addison, so that Izzie wouldn't be to distracted by her loud voice. It happened in an instant tho, first Izzie was smeering the pastry over the organ sack, but the other minute the baby was crashing and the organ sack ripped "Call up to an OR that we are coming up RIGHT NOW" shouted Addison while keeping the organs as steady as possible. The way to the OR was tense and hurried, and when they arrived the whole scrub team was ready and set to go "Stevens go inform the parents that we're performing surgery on Jane Right now" hissed Addison while scrubbing in quick, but efficient. "But i want to help" muttered Izzie, her cheeks flushing a brighter red "You've done enough" stated Addison before entering the OR.

Hours had passed before Addison came out of surgery, her usually brightly flushed face, was a grey/white-ish pale taint while she pulled down her scrubcap and leaned down against the wall in the OR corridor. "You okay?" asked a male voice from behind her, Addison recognised the voice immediatly and she turned around to look into his big dreamy eyes "I-i yes i'm fine" muttered Addison while looking down at her hands hopelessly " Ah-yes.. i know that fine" smiled the man, while sliding down the corridor wall to sit next to Addison "I'm Derek, Derek Shepherd" smiled the man, who now had a full name. "Addison, Addison Montgomery" smiled Addison weakly, while quickly blinking away the tears stinging in her eyes " tough loss?" asked Derek, as a break of the silence they were in for an long time "Yeah.. i s'ppose, two day old baby, organ sack out of body, sack burst but the heart didn't start again" sighed Addison while pushing the palms of her hand violently in her eyes, rubbing back the welling tears "Heyy..heyy calm down" whispered Derek gently while softly getting her hands away from her eyes, where now: rolling on her cheek: a tear vissible was. Derek lay his hand on Addison's knee, still asking for unspoken permission while doing so, Addison smiled briefly at this gesture and then lay her head against the wall, letting out a long hold sigh.

A/N: Sorry for the updaye delay was on a NO WIFI holiday, yes it was as dreadfull as it sounds.