Getting Ready

Ash's P.O.V

beep, beep, beep

"Ugh." I turned over to find my alarm beeping like crazy. I sigh and then hit the snooze button, me still barely awake.

Then I felt a stinging pain against my palm.

"Ah!" I jump up and throw my covers off of the bed to find Chu sitting down by the side of my pillow.

I then looked down at my hand to find a scratch mark.

"Did you-" I stopped and then looked back at my alarm clock which read, '7:45'

"You know what, forget it!" I ran into the bathroom and opened the cabinet door and grabbed out my toothbrush and hastily brushed my teeth.

"Oh man, I'm gonna be late!" I said, running out of the bathroom, the toothbrush still in my mouth and went over to closet and opened it up, finding my whole closet empty.

"What." I stood their dumbfounded.

I ran out of my bedroom and into the kitchen, finding my mom.

"Mom, where are my clothes!?"

"You mean the only thing you wear?" My mom laughed.

"Where is it!?"

"Okay, okay. I did the laundry last night." She reached into the refrigerator and pulled out a gallon of milk. "It should be in the dryer."

I ran down the hall towards the laundry room and once I reached it, my eyes locked onto the dryer.

I opened it up and threw clothes passed me, scanning the whole inside of the dryer. It wasn't there.

I face palmed myself and pulled out my toothbrush from my mouth so I could yell, "IT ISN'T HERE!"

My mom didn't respond, so I ran out of the room and ran towards my room and rushed into it, freaking out about what I was gonna where. I only had on a thin black t-shirt and sleeping shorts. How was I supposed to go to school with that?

"Meow."

I turned around and saw Chu. It was looking down at the side of my bed, its tail slowly waving in the air as it gazed down at the floor.

I walked over to where he was looking at and found my clothes lying down on the carpet floor besides my bed.

I felt my eyelid twitch. "AGGHHH!" I screamed at the sky. "HOW?" I paused. "ER." I looked down at my outfit. "I swear to gah." I knelt down and swooped up my outfit and rushed into the bathroom to change.

•~•~• 🍂🍁🍃 •~•~•

After I got ready for school I rushed out into the kitchen again, my mom looking at me in frustration.

"What?" I looked at her.

"You're going to be late!" She yelled.

I mentally face palmed myself. "I KNOW!"

"Here, you're going to have to eat this at school." My mom set a pop tart on the counter for me to take, which I gladly did.

"Now I have to go. Do you have your lunch money?" My mom asked, picking up her car keys and heading out the front door, me following.

"Yes." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, I'll see you once I come back from work." My mom jumped into her car and rolled down the window. "Are you excited to see her?"

"See who?" I looked at her in confusion.

My mom smiled as she put in the keys to the car and said, "Are you going to go? You're going to miss the bus." ignoring what I asked her.

"Yeah, yeah. Bye Mom." I ran in the opposite direction of her car and ran off down the driveway and then ran towards the sidewalk, where the bus stop was.

As I ran, I saw the bus slowly drive off, leaving me there.

"Wait!" I yelled as I watched the bus continue to drive down the driveway, not even stopping. "You have to be kidding." I slouched.

I looked over my shoulder and saw that my mom was driving down the driveway, in the opposite way of me.

"Eh- wait!" I ran back in the direction I came from, but before I could reach her, the car turned to the left and disappeared behind a thousand houses.

"MHHH!" I slammed my foot against the pavement.

You had to be kidding me. Now I have to walk all the way to school. This is just stupid.

"Ahh!" I exhaled as I walked down the sidewalk, looking down at the ground.