Introduction

March 12, 2011

"So this is it?" Sheila looked August in the eyes, sniffling as he placed his last bag of luggage in the trunk of his car, ready to head off to the airport.

August slightly nodded. "You know I'll come and visit you whenever I can Mama; I'm not gonna leave you forever."

"I know it's just," Sheila was at a lost for words. Her last son is going off to Atlanta, Georgia, to pursue his music career and create a life for himself. Of course she's happy for him, but she just hates the fact that her last child is leaving her; it's devastating.

August sighed heavily and embraced his mother in a warm hug, he felt her hug back and her body shake a little as she broke down crying in his arms.

"You can always come and see me up in the A'  if you want to; I'll have a room ready for you and everything." He tried to console her, but it was no use.

"August you know how I feel about airplanes, and the drive is just too long, I can't do it."

Sheila wiped a tear from her now red and puffy eyes, slowly pulling away from the hug, she gave August one more look and kissed him on the cheek. "I love you so much."

"I love you too Mama, and I always will," He was interrupted by the vibration of his phone in his back pocket. "Hold on I gotta take this."

August walked to the other side of his car and pressed the bright green button to answer the call. "Hello?"

"Yung' where you at mane?" It was Jeezy. "The plane takes off in 32 minutes c'mon."

"Aw shit, my bad homie I was talking to my Mama," August ran his hand over his freshly shaven hair. "I'll be right there."

He ended the call and put his phone back in his pocket, rushing back over to the other side of his car to see a note on his window and his mother gone.

'Son I know you have to leave for your flight now and I just know if I look at you one more time before you leave, I'm going to break down again. You know I will always love you and I will tell your stepfather that you said goodbye. Please call me every chance you get so I can just hear your voice, stay focused August.'
- xo, Mama.

August rolled his eyes when he read the part about his stepfather. "I love you Mama, but I will always hate that nigga." He folded the note and put it in his pocket as he got in the driver's seat of his car and turned the ignition key, bringing it straight to life. He looked at his mother's house one last time before pulling off the curb and heading to the airport to meet Jeezy.

...

"Where the hell were you Aug?" Jeezy shook his head as he grabbed August's last suitcase and placed it on the conveyer belt.

"I told you man, I was telling my Mama bye," August stood next to Jeezy in line, waiting to board the plane. "She didn't take it well."

"I'm sorry Yung, it must be heartbreaking for her."

August nodded and placed his hands on his head letting out a heavy sigh. "Yeah, I know."

...

Hey guys! I'm so excited to write this story, let me know what you think about the introduction in the comments, I'll try to respond to everyone I can; After I post chapter 1 there's gonna be update goals so make sure you vote, comment, and tell your friends to read!