1: Caught

Just a reminder:

I changed the name of one of the main characters from Cydney to Miyah and this book will have some rated R chapters / parts here and there, so if you can't be mature enough to handle it please stop reading now. 💀 thank you. ❤️

...

Miyah

"7:22, shit!"

I started to panic as I only had six minutes to get to work on time, turning my apartment upside down looking for my keys. I leaned my back against the wall and put my hands on my forehead, letting out a heavy sigh knowing I was gonna be late to work for the second time this week.

"Dammit Mimi," I looked up to see my best friend and roommate, Daniella, standing sleepily in front of me. "It's seven in the morning, I'm still trying to sleep you know."

"Oh yeah? Well I'm trying to find my keys before I get fired from my job." I rolled my eyes and started to look through the drawers in the kitchen. My eyes instantly lit up as I saw my keys in there, grabbing them quickly. "Finally." I sighed.

Dani yawned, starting to head back to her room. "Oh and you need to call Nathan later, he wanted to talk to you about-..."

"About what?" I waited for her to finish her sentence but she never responded. I walked to her room to find her passed out on her bed, snoring loud as hell.

I shook my head smiling at her, but my smile quickly turned into a frown when I started to wonder why Nathan wanted to talk to me, and what he wanted to talk to me about. But honestly, I didn't have time to think about him right now considering the fact that I was already five minutes late to work, and boy was I not in the mood to hear my boss's mouth today.

I grabbed my things and headed out the door, jogging down the stairs outside and to the drivers side of my white BMW. I opened door but before I could get in the car a familiar voice called my name.

"Aye Miyah," Armani, my neighbor that lived across the street, walked up to me and flashed me a small smile showing his pearly white teeth that were to die for.

I smiled back at him. "Wassup' Armani?"

"Nothin' much, you going to work?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"I'm actually running late right now," I laughed a little and he laughed too. "I'll talk to you later okay?" I hopped in my car, quickly putting the key in the ignition and turning it, bringing it straight to life.

"Alright ma," He smiled and closed the door for me, waving as I started to back out of the driveway. I always knew he had a little thing for me, and don't get me wrong, he was fine as hell, but I was with Nathan and he really makes me happy; I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend.

"What it do ATL it's ya boy DJ Rick Lee on Power 98.5," The guy on the radio started talking. "This next song I'm bouta play is called Let Me Hit That by one of the hottest new artists out there, and his name is, August Alsina!"

I squealed a little when they said his name and turned up the volume as the song started playing, and I couldn't help singing along to it.

You're looking so good right now
And I would if I could, pull you right now
But I know you're the type to make 'em crazy
Cause you got all my homies tripping on you lately.

Think you put something in the air
You're body's so amazing, and one could say it's blazing
You're wrapped tight, oh you got it going on cause you keep your hair nice
Ooh and I ain't even tripping cause my homies hit first
Cause baby, when I hold you, I know we can make it work.