I Was There...

"I can't believe we made it this far!" I beamed. "I feel Squidtastic! I feel like...an actual hero!"

"Hey, you used a pun this time!" Lucas said.

"Eh...I'm actually starting to like them. It's what brings everyone together in Inkopolis; Memeopolis!"

We both made it to the 4th world. It was a pain going through all of that trouble, but we managed to do it.

"SOMEBODY HELP ME!"

I heard a loud voice somewhere in the distance. A sky blue bubblegum haired girl was running for her life. She had on a giant blue raincoat and was carrying an umbrella around with her.

"CAN ANYONE HERE ME?!" she shouted. The girl hid behind a brick wall, but was stuck in a puddle of Octarian ink.

"Just as planned. She'll tell us everything after we capture her. She'll be begging for mercy after we're through with her."

A group of Octarians were chasing after her. They all noticed us.

"GET THEM!" One of them shouted.

SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT!

"Do we have to run into them every single second?" I asked moaning.

"....Who's there? Show yourselves or I'll splat you! It won't be hard either!" The girl said nervously.

Me and Lucas stood there without making a single sound. "We're not gonna hurt you. We're here to help you!" Lucas said.

The girl slowly walked out from around the corner. Her hair was flowing in the wind. She had flowers on her hair to make it look like pigtails. Her light blue eyes matched the color of the sky. I couldn't believe who it was....

Nevaeh.

"Nevaeh?!" I asked shocked. Nevaeh had the same look except she had no idea what to say about this and was breathless. "Y-You two....h-how are you guys even here...how did you even get here? Why are you even here?"

"What're you doing here" I looked around to see the view. "in a place like this?"

"I...I'm being chased..."she answered. Lucas and I both had puzzled looks on our faces. "The Octarians...their coming for me and they won't stop until they find me!"

"What're you being chased for exactly?" I asked concerned.

"I'm half Octarian and so are Evan and my big brother, James. The Octarians...they've been trying to hunt me down for years, but not once have they had another glimpse at me until now. Telling by your clothes, you guys must be the new agents. I'm Agent 3 and if it wasn't for you two, I would've been finked!"

"But what does being half Octarian have to with anything?" Lucas asked as his face turned into an angry expression yet straight at the same time.

"They...they don't believe that squids and octarians can get along. When our mom and dad were married, they tried their best to hide the secret. Their dead now, so I don't have anywhere to go now." Nevaeh said in a dead tone. I obviously felt like I shouldn't have asked what was going on.

"But I thought your parents were alive. That's what you told us wasn't it?" I asked.

"Did you not hear what I just said? I lied! I don't know what else to do! The octopi treat me like I'm on your side and are chasing for the great or good and the inklings....." Nevaeh had a despondent look on her face. "I don't even think they care about me....I've been treated like a nobody my whole life."

"Nevaeh..." I hesitated feeling absolutely sorry for her. Lucas clenched his fists and had tears in his eyes. "Is that why Cole is dead?!"

"What?!" Nevaeh asked.

"Don't act like you don't know! Is this the reason why my brother is dead? TELL ME!" he demanded.

"I-I'm...sorry-" she said quavering. "I couldn't do anything about that!"

Lucas gritted his teeth against his anguish."Ugh! THIS IS YOUR FAULT! IT'S ALL YOURS! WE WOULDN'T BE HERE IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU! WE WOULDN'T HAVE GONE ON THIS MISSION IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU!"

"LISTEN YOU DOUCHE! YOU DON'T KNOW ALL THE THINGS I'VE BEEN THROUGH! You think you think you've got rough, bud? I've been abused and beaten, I've been homeless for half of my life and my own kind doesn't even accept me. One quick glance from the people I've told that I was half Octarian, and they all think I'm such a big mistake."she looked down in depression. Her voice was dead. "And I'm not gonna let you stand there and remind me of everything I hate about myself!"

This girl needs a hug...

"Well that didn't mean that you had to just stand there and do nothing." With each word said, Lucas stepped closer to Nevaeh. "You were right there and you did nothing! You let him die! I wish I never even met you and Evan that day..."

I tried to change the subject. "Lucas, stop it-"

"Mindy...you keep saying that everything is going to be okay. I've had high doubts this whole time. AND NOW, BECAUSE OF HER, I'M IN THIS STUPID WAR WITH YOU!"

Tears were rolling down my eyes. I can't believe that everything we've been through, he'd say that. I was absolutely crushed. His furious actions were just like when he saved me from...an Octarian.

I was terrified of seeing him like this. He crossed the line...and so did I. I was done hearing whatever he had to say.

"Lucas, you need to understand what actually happened. The Octarians...are a group of people who will do anything to save their race. One named Octavia was trying to chase you guys down too. I know that because she's my cousin. She's an Admin and the only person I have left that trusts me other than big brother James. She's only the pinnacle of the danger you're up against!"

"Cole was probably trying to protect you, Lucas." I said.

"OH WHAT DO YOU KNOW?! YOU WEREN'T EVEN THERE!" Lucas shouted penetratingly.

SMACK!

He slapped me in the face vigorously. The hit almost left a bruise. I looked at him in shock and stepped back.

Lucas looked at his hand that was bright red and looked back at me. "Mindy, I'm sorry...that was an accident-"

"SAVE IT!" I shouted. "IF YOU FELT THIS WAY, YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING! IF YOU DIDN'T WANT TO BE WITH ME, YOU COULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING!"

Lucas stepped forward with every word he said. "Mindy I-I didn't mean it..."

"Just...stay away from me...I'll just do the mission on my own..." I began running off into the world of the unknown crying.

"MINDY WAIT!" Lucas shouted running after me. I threw a splat bomb in front of him to keep him from getting any further. At that moment, it began to rain.
~~~~~~~~~~
This chapter was sad I tell you! Will Lucas and Mindy make up for the trouble or will their friendship remain broken? Will Nevaeh ever make up for her mistakes? Keep reading to find out! WOOP! 6K READS! Remember to read, vote, comment, and enjoy!
~Princess