Introduction

A/N : Hello, this is my first proper long term fanfiction so I'm really sorry if it's bad. I'll try to update regularly but I'm sorry if I don't keep up. I'm really excited to write this so I hope you enjoy! Oh yes, this is an introduction, so it's really short, but not every chapter will be like this.

***Deans POV***

It's been 6 years since the mark of Cain changed me into a knight of hell and 2 years since I overtook Crowley as the king of hell. I've lived as a demon for 720 years in hell time, and even after all of that I still remember what it was like being human; what it was like to feel emotion.

The only real human emotion I have left is the feeling of missing someone and that person is Sammy. He'd always remind me of my humanity and for a while it worked.

I haven't spoken to him in 5 years and everything has gone completely downhill without his encouragement. I've killed so many people, tortured so many innocent souls and the worst part is that I've loved every single second of it. The way they screamed for their loved ones and plead for mercy makes me want to make their deaths even more slow and painful.

Even though it hurts, I think leaving Sammy was the best choice I've ever made. I can be who I am now without feeling like a disappointment. Plus, all I ever brought to Sam's life was trouble, even when I was human. We might not have been in this mess if I hadn't have shown up on Sam's doorstep that night, asking for him to come with me.

All of this, everything we've been through has been my fault, and the regret of that is what fuels me to hurt people even more than I should.

As for Castiel? Last time I saw him he tried to kill me. Some friend he was...

----

I stuffed the first blade into my pocket as I looked over a list of souls I had to collect in. I don't understand why the list was so big today.

Being the king of hell, I only collect the souls of very important people and people who are bound to become powerful demons. I personally torture a lot of their souls as well. Anyone else I leave to Crowley and his men.

"Here boy" I called to my hellhound, bones. I'm still not a fan of dogs but I don't think hellhounds even count as dogs. I glanced down at the list to find out who the first person was.

Jason Fitzpatrick.

"You know this one boy?" I asked my hell hound and he growled in response. I sighed and teleported to his city.

We followed him around for a little bit so bones could get his scent, then moved on to the next person

Alison Wood.

I sighed and went to her city, following the same procedure as I did for the last one. This went on all day, it was quite boring to be honest. However, the look of fear on their faces as the hallucinations start never gets old. They know their time is almost up and there's nothing they can do to stop it. Sure they can put it off a day or two if they're smart enough but the hell hounds have their scent and they won't rest until that person meets their fate.

There's only one sure fire way to break your deal and barely anyone knows how to do it. You have to kill the demon holding your contract but like I said barely anyone knows how to kill a demon.

They can trap us or exorcise us but none of it will help. They can even try killing the hellhound but we still hold their deal and will just send another.

I looked down at the list and saw a name that I hadn't noticed before, it was like it wasn't there in the first place. My face paled to ghostly white and my hands became clammy. I dropped the list in shock and stood in silence for a moment.

With shaking hands I picked up the list and read it again to see if I read it correctly. I blinked a couple times but it was still there in shining gold letters.

Sam Winchester.