Thirty Four.

My eyes started to flicker, and I started to wake up. Pain shot down my spine and I groaned slightly. The sofa I was sleeping on was completely uncomfortable, and I'd hardly slept a wink because I was worrying about Devin.

Overnight, he'd been moved to a mental institution. I hope to god that they can sort him out and make him better again. The old, happy Devin was gone and needed to come back. 

I missed him. 

"Meredith..." Felix said from behind me. "Are you okay?" 

I nodded and felt Dinosaur jump onto my face and start licking me. Usually, this beautiful puppy would cheer me up but today nothing could make me smile. He only reminded me of Devin, which was not a good thing. 

"Do you want to visit Devin in the mental place?" Felix asked.

"Yeah." I mumbled. I couldn't be bothered to get ready, so once Adrianna was done we set off for the institution. During the car ride, Adrianna was worrying about me. 

"You're as white as a sheet." she looked at me with fear in her eyes. I shrugged. "You look like you're going to throw up." she said. 

"I'm not." I promised, but I wasn't so sure. Felix parked the car and we walked up towards the building. At the front desk, the woman behind the counter smiled when we asked where Devin was. 

"Oh, you're looking for Devin." the receptionist smirked. "He's pretty spirited. You'll find him in Room 24."

With baited breath, we almost speed-walked up the stairs into Devin's hallway. Felix knocked carefully on the door, and there was silence. He knocked again. Still no noise came from the other side of the door. "Devin?" Adrianna called.

I knocked on the door a little frantically  and Devin opened it, slowly. "Meredith..." he looked shocked. I just stood there and let him look at me for a moment. He lifted his arm up to touch the side of my face but I flinched. "Don't be scared..." he said softly. 

"Can we come in?" Felix interrupted.

"Sure." Devin shook himself out of his thoughts and he let us into his bedroom. The room was empty except for a bed and a closet. 

"It's... Nice in here..." Adrianna stammered. 

"Who are you kidding? It's boring as fuck in here. Almost as boring as the therapy sessions." Devin joked.

"Are the therapy sessions helping?" Felix asked. 

"Umm... Not really. I don't think anything can help me anymore." Devin sighed. I bit my lip. 

I'd give anything to get him better.