Chapter 3: Sweet Sixteen

SWEET 16

Alex and Sal were hardly ever around, and Angel was utterly distracted with a girl he'd met a couple of months earlier. Eric and Sofia were able to hang out together more than ever. Since his brothers were away in college most the time, it had become Angel's responsibility to chauffeur his little sister anytime his parents couldn't. With this new girl keeping him busy, he'd come to rely on Eric to help him out with the rides. Angel trusted him completely, and, of course, Eric was more than willing to oblige.

Though they'd been alone many times, Eric still wouldn't allow himself to try anything. Sofia had made the first move by caressing his hand in the car when she spoke to him. They'd graduated to holding hands during their rides alone. His insides scorched too many times when he'd been near Sofia. The guilt of what Angel would say if he betrayed him by doing anything more than hold his little sister's hand now outweighed the fear of what her brothers would do. To be able to touch her and kiss her like he fantasized for too long would be more than worth a beating even from Alex, but the guilt he couldn't handle.

Angel texted Eric, asking if he could pick Sofia up at the restaurant and take her home. As usual, he was out with his girl, and he needed the favor. Eric sat in the car behind their family's restaurant. His heart thumped when he saw her come out the back door. She smiled big when she saw him.

He took her scent in—soft and sweet—as she slid into the passenger seat. For years he'd come to love the smell, but lately, it had taken on a more womanly hint. Lately, too, he couldn't help thinking of her as his little Sofie.

Sofia was hardly your typical sixteen-year-old, just one of the reasons she drove him so insane. She was tall and had filled out beautifully in all the right places. Her dark hair was longer than ever, and though she probably didn't even realize it, she exuded sensuality. The way she gazed at him sometimes with those beautiful bedroom eyes of hers nearly did him in.

Eric took her hand as soon as she was all the way in. She smiled and took it a step further, caressing her fingers ever so lightly over his. It was all he could do to hold back from putting his hand behind her neck and kissing those beautiful lips.

"Do you have to take me straight home?" She gave him those big, pleading eyes.

Eric groaned. This wasn't the first time she'd asked him that. Just like the last time she'd asked, the temptation to take her back to his house overwhelmed him. His dad wasn't home, and they'd have the whole place to themselves, but he may as well have a death wish. Finally initiating a first move of his own, he kissed her hand. Her eyes widened. "You know I do, Sof."

She let out a disappointing sigh. "Then will you come over and have some pie? I made it myself this morning, and my mom's home, so my brothers can't say anything about it."

Over the years, Eric had been over the Moreno's residence plenty of times even when none of the brothers were home. Since Eric lived with his single dad, who was working constantly, Mrs. Moreno knew he rarely got a home-cooked meal. The woman, and now Sofia, was always cooking. He'd always get invited to come in and eat or, like today, have a slice of pie, so Angel and his brothers didn't think anything of it. They made jokes about him spending more time in their kitchen than they did, but they'd always treated him like family. That only intensified the incredible feelings of guilt about the things he'd been thinking lately when he was around Sofia.

He sat at the center island of their kitchen, forced to watch Sofia as she moved around the room. Her breasts full and firm, Eric had been having dreams about them for years now. She bent over, looking for something in the refrigerator, and he nearly fell off the barstool.

Sofia pulled out the whipped cream bottle and walked over to the pie in front of him. She squirted some on it then some in her mouth, licked her lips, and smiled wickedly. Those big eyes of hers seemed to taunt him so much lately.