Forgiven

Awful, just awful. It took me a month just to upload more. School blah blah blah, work blah blah blah. Summer is here and so now let the story continue!

*******************************************************

Ion's POV:

I sat on the same old log and Ashley sat on the grass with her legs spread out in front of her. She was reaching into her purse several times pulling out chips now and she didn't really say anything unless I said something first.

"So... What's your friends name?" She looked over at me from the direction that she was staring and smiled.

"Ashley." I raised my eyebrows a little.

"You both have the same names?"

"Yep, that's what got us started as friends in the first place." I nodded and smiled. I wish I could have a close friend. I looked over at Ashley and she smiled. "We can be good friends... if you want."

"Yeah and I could um... meet Ashley?" She nodded.

The trees rustled slightly and I looked over to see Lucas. Ashley's smile grew wider and she waved.

"Hello Lucas." He nodded her way and then he sat beside me. I stood and sat by Ashley. She looked a little confused.

"How's Ashley, Ashley?" She smiled and stuck out the bag of chips towards him. He grabbed one and chewed it slow, finally deciding that he didn't like the flavor by the look of his expression.

"She's the same, bubbly and in love." Glanced over at me and frowned slightly at me guarded expression. "What's wrong?" She whispered in my ear. I shrugged.

"Nothing."

"So Ion, how are you." Lucas stared at me, studying me and waiting for a reaction.

"Normal." I didn't look at him, but the trees around us. They swayed slowly watching us, see what would happen next.

"Well, I have to go meet up with Ashley so bye Ion, Lucas." She stood up and turned towards the woods. She glanced back at me and I waved.

"Bye."

Lucas continued to stare at me. I stood up and turned to walk away, but he grabbed my hand. I froze.

"Going for another round?" He tightened his grip and i turned around. He looked serious and it made me a little nervous. I couldn't stare at his eyes too long. the trees around us swayed excitedly, waiting to see what he would do and I stood waiting too.

"I'm sorry." He said then he let go and waited. I looked at him for a moment and felt a tear fall down my face. Why was I so emotional! I wiped it away and walked off, but suddenly there were thorn bushes blocking my path. I  looked around to see if there was away around them, but I couldn't really see anyway better so I started to go through them.

They scratched at my hands and arms, ripping at my clothes. I felt blood oozing down my arm and I stopped, tired and frustrated, and started to cry again. I felt arms wrap around me and slowly pull me out the thorn bushes, protecting me from each thorn. I leaned into the arms and cried harder until I lost consciousness.

Lucas's POV:

He fell asleep in my arms crying. I had done this to him, forcing him to feel for me. I picked him up and carried him with me to my place. It wouldn't matter. No one would notice he was gone unless... I shook my head and frowned. He didn't even know. I came to my house a few minutes later and opened the door. He buried his head deeper into my chest and I smiled. Had he forgiven me?

I slowly walked up the stairs so I wouldn't wake him and placed him gently on the bed. He looked beautiful still even though he wasn't in the forest. His golden, earthly glow filled my cold room with warmth. I brushed my fingertips against his cheek and felt a tear slowly run down my cheek. He wouldn't be staying long if he found happiness.