Chapter 1

Kristin's POV
"Ahhhh!" I screamed as I finally lost my voice as I had been screaming at the very top of my lungs for what seemed like hours. I collapsed onto the floor and tried to let my eyes adjust to the darkness. It didn't happen.

After what felt like absolutely forever, the strange box jolted to a stop and there was silence. Then light. I looked up to see 10 boys looking down on me. One of them whispered with confusion " It's a girl! " he had brown curly hair and was a bit chubby, with red little cheeks and billions of freckles. I suspected he was about 12. Other boys were whistling and saying things like "dang, she's hot" and "Dibs!"
However, there were four boys that jumped down and politely helped me up, including the little 12 year old. I looked up, and there was a dark skinned boy, that said " names Alby" then the little boy said " hi my names Chuck, I love pizza" he chuckled, and I smiled just the slightest bit and then couldn't hold it in and chuckled along with him. Then there was a tall, muscular older boy that said " Sorry bout the lil dude, he sure can talk an ear off, names Minho"

I said " Oh don't worry"
Then I noticed the last boy standing off to the side and looked up into these chocolaty hazelnut eyes.
I didn't realize that I was smiling from ear to ear and had been staring for more than I would have intended to.

"Oh, ummm w-what's your name? "
I awkwardly asked as I cringed when I realized that some of the boys were snickering and Chuck was making kiss noises.
"Sorry about them, love, and Newt" he said with a soft British accent and smiled.

Newt the cute! I thought
No, that was silly. I should be paying attention to the fact that I didn't even know my name!

I turned to Alby as he asked me "do you have any sort of memory, like your name, or who you were before you came here?"
"No, I- I guess not" I stuttered

" That's perfectly normal, let's tell you about the Glade" "So, our number one rule is never, ever go through those doors", gesturing to the four openings in the tall stone wall. Outside those walls is the Maze, now there is a monster in that maze that is more horrible, more terrorizing and violent than you could imagine." "And this is the Glade. In here, we sleep we eat, we work, and we work. Emphasis on work. If you don't work, you get lazy, if you get lazy you get sad and if you get sad...." he looked to Newt "well, you do things"

Better get some rest now, you can bunk with Chuck, we'll do the tour tomorrow.