Chapter Thirty - Eight

Dashiiiii... Dashiiiiiii... Dashiiiiiiiiii.... Dashi! Dashi awoke with a scream. Staring down at her, was Heather. She had her hands rested on Dashi's shoulders. Heather let out a sigh of relief. "I thought you would never wake up!" she cried.

"Why? How long was I asleep for?" Dashi let out a moan. She sat up and looked around her. She was in a unfamiliar, dark room. Dashi looked at Heather with confusion.

"A couple hours," replied Heather. She removed her hands from Dashi's shoulders and sat down at the edge of the bed. "You probably have a lot of questions. Don't worry, I'm here to answer all of them."

Dashi raised her eyebrows. "Alright then. Where are we? And how the hell did we get here?"

A sigh left Heather's mouth. "We're in a cabin in the woods. How you got here, well... I received a call last night. The person on the other line told me to bring you here. When everyone went to sleep, I shot you with a tranquilizer dart. Then I broke into a car near the mansion, put you in the back set, and brought you here."

"Who called you?" Dashi asked. She suddenly heard footsteps entering the room. Dashi turned to see a short, older man entering the room. He had white hair, glasses, and a suit with a blue bow tie. He smiled at Dashi.

"Why, I did. My name is Professor Inkling Rivers. I'm Heather's father," the man said. He placed a hand on Dashi's shoulder. "Don't worry. You and your friends are safe here." Dashi's eyes narrowed in confusion. The Professor let out a sigh. "Follow me, girls."

Heather helped Dashi stand. Together, the three walked through the halls of the dark cabin that led to a kitchen. There, Dashi saw a younger girl, Shellington, and Tweak sitting at a round table. Tweak stood to her feet and ran to Dashi. "Oh, Dashi, we were so worried," she said, putting her arms around Dashi's waist.

"Well, I'm okay now," Dashi laughed. When the two pulled away, Dashi gasped. "Wait a second! Are you..."

"Yes, she's pregnant," Heather interrupted. Dashi stared at Tweak with shock for a moment. Heather then put an arm around Dashi's back. "Let's sit down, shall we?"

The Professor motioned for Dashi to sit in a chair beside him. She did so and Heather took a seat beside her. "This is Emily, my other daughter," the Professor said, pointing to the younger girl. She smiled and waved.

"Now, dad, why don't you explain the vision you had to our guests," suggested Heather.

Dashi blinked. "Wait... Vision? Are you some sort of a psychic?"

A smile formed on the Professor's wrinkled lips. "I somewhat am - except I don't tell people their future. I have visions every now and then. A couple of nights ago, I had a dream explaining some of the mysteries of this zombie apocalypse. In my vision, it said I needed to contact Heather and ask her to bring her leader, the pregnant girl, and a man with brown hair."

"So, what mysteries did your vision explain, Professor Inkling?" asked Shellington.

The Professor closed his eyes. "Carter Mason, Barnacles Wilson's assistant, started a zombie apocalypse by creating a potion and giving it to a man with the name of Cedric Hathaway. When Cedric became a zombie, he began biting people, and those people bit people, creating a zombie apocalypse. Your group was formed and you've been surviving through this for three months. However, one of your members was bitten a month ago. His name was Kwazii Young. Before he turned, he got Tweak Harrell pregnant. On a different note, a young girl tricked you into believing she was an orphan, when she was really the daughter of Carter Mason. Her name is Tominnow Mason. You threw her out, leaving her with Carter Mason who beat her and starved her. Right now, she is in the attic of your mansion, being treated by Tunip Bjorgman, the younger brother of Shellington Bjorgman."