A Pair of Cats

"Please, Dr. Ishi?" Buraindo whines. I stare at her with pleading eyes. "You know if Myu had a voice, she'd be asking too!"

I nod quickly. Dr. Ishi's gaze softens. She's always had a soft spot for me. 

She sighs. 

"I'll see what I can do." She promises. As she walks out, she ruffles my tan/blonde hair. I turn to Burai as soon as she closes the door.

Do you think we'll be able to go?!  I think excitedly. He shrugs.

"Who knows, Myu-tan?" He says, laying back down. I cross our sterile white room and lay on the bed with him, letting out a small meow. That's the only sound I can make. Burai smiles and rubs my ears. I reach up and rub his. Pretty soon, we're both purring. 

The lights go out.

"Looks like bed time." Burai sighs. I stretch myself over his stomach. He has long given up on trying to get me to sleep somewhere else. Burai takes off his white eye patch and hands it to me. "Night, Myu-tan."

Night, Burai.
__________________________________________________________________________

The lights blinds me. Once again. Burai groans and rolls over, pushing me off the bed.

"Mreow!" I yell, hitting the ground. Bad Burai! 

He sits up and looks at me blearily. His blind eye is pale brown.

"Sorry, Myu-tan." He yawns. I keep laying on the ground. "Can I--yawn-- have my patch?"

I shake my head, then get up and go to my small closet. I put my finger to a pad, unlocking it. I rummage through it, finally pulling out a spray bottle filled with water.

Burai sees it.

"N-no, wait!" He shouts, jumping off the bed. He runs to his closet and unlocks it. I run to catch him, spraying water everywhere. The closet is slow to open, slow to offer protection. I spray him, a good, solid shot, before he can dive into the closet. 

The door closes.

Burai groans loudly and complains about how wet he is.

I silently giggle, unaware that the door to our room has just opened.

Dr. Ishi clears her throat. I whip around and run to her, giving her a big hug. 

"Mew!" I greet. Burai's closet door opens slowly. I turn to see him peek out. I grin evilly at him.

"Dr. Ishi!" He complains. "Myu sprayed me!"

I grin and stealthily throw the bottle back into my open closet. Dr. Ishi pretends not to notice the thunk. 

"Guess what, kitties?" She says excitedly. "You're going to school!"

Burai and I stare at her with wide eyes.

"It's a place called Ouran..."