chapter 16 - moving in

Chris's p.o.v.

She threw me into a freaking tree! At least I know that her power is telekinesis. She wasn't supposed to know about her dad. Jasmyn said she could take the pain away but it has to go someone else. I told her to do it and I would take the pain. She explained that she would still know and feel the pain since we were mates. Jasmyn was definitely already known to my pack as caring, friendly, and giddy all the time.
"What about your dad?" she asks.
She already pledged that Ashley is he alpha, not Father. I want to follow her but I can't until we become fully bonded mates. I nod my head. He had no compassion do he can deal with the pain easily. The only problem was that he had left. I want her to wait until he shows up again, but she didn't want to wait. That was twenty minutes ago. I finally feel like getting up from the tree that was smashed to pieces. I go up to Ashley. She is asleep. Last night she was graceful in her sleep, now she looks like a train wreck. She has big red puffy eyes, her face has tear stains, and her hair is in knots. I would never tell her that though. I pick her up bridal style and carry her inside. I put her in the room across from mine. I don't want to hurt her feelings but i don't want to flip I'm the same bed as someone who threw me into a tree right now. I leave her and help Theo unload everything. I take the things into the room Ashley is in. I drop the bags. She's gone. I check the added on bathroom, not there. Where is she?! I check the kitchen, dining room, laundry room, the living room, the car, the forest, and the alpha's room. No where. I know I should give her space but I need to know where she is. It's not by coincidence that her entire pick was killed after we left. Someone ordered that ambush, but who? And why? I use the mate link.
Where are you Ash? I ask.
Don't call me that. She snaps.
Why not? Where are you?
Just dont. I'm in our room.
Our room? I thought she might want the space I was giving, I guess not. I walk into my room. Therr she is om my big bed. Its blankets and sheets are blue. We used to have a maid but I bet anyone can guess that it didn't go over well. She went home telling stories about werewolves and spiritual gatherings with human sacrifices. She eventually got sent to a looney bin by her husband. Now we clean whenever. So now seeing my beautiful made on an unmade bed makes me feel messy or dirty. I should has made it like my mom said to. She told me that I was supposed to make it every year. She always said, "you never know, maybe your mate will be here next year and she's going to be mad that your bed isn't made." I never listen but maybe I should have. I snap out of my flashback and focus on Ashley again. The sea of blue around her makes her look a bit smaller. Her wolf is huge, yet she is just so small compared to my giant bed. I wonder what she is thinking. Her eyes are still red and puffy from crying. She pats the spot next to her.
"Are you going to throw me into the wall this time?" I try cracking a joke.
"Sorry about that, " she mumbles.
I sit down and wrap my arms around her.
"I'm ok, just my ego got hurt from the fight and the tree."
A smile forms on her face and quickly disappears. She starts to cry again. I want to say something, anything, but I don't know what I should say. God, I'm so hopeless. I should know what to do. I'm an idiot. I'm past the point of acting like a girl ( I know that all dudes act like this around their mates ). I hug her tighter. Its not fair that she feels this and not me imstead. We eventually lay down and drift off to another world where none of this happened.