chapter 35 - pregnancies and engagements

Kalin's p.o.v.

"Took you long enough," Taysa says.
"I'm sorry. It was my fault," I say.
"Nonsense. I knew that he would forget his clothes. He always wanders around for at least half an hour in just a towel after taking a shower."
I look at Chris. He blushes.
I do.
"We need to focus on certain things. Mostly your marking and mating," Brandon says.
"We want to do it the original traditional way," Chris says.
"There is a one month time period that you two are supposed to stay separated from each other to test your individual power. This will have to be skipped," Brandon says.
"Why?" I ask.
"One Lisa has been leaving signs around the territory, showing that she knows you are here and two, Taysa is pregnant. This place is soon to be a battleground. She and I will be leaving soon, meaning I will be passing off the Alpha title to you Christian."
Holy crap! What just happened?!
"How long will you be gone?" Chris asks.
"I have about five of the six months until I go into labor and two no the before I will be willing for the baby to move, so about a half to a full year," Taysa says.
"Congrats," I finally muster out.
I'm going to be a big brother.
Are you happy or something else?
Happy of course, but how could this happen?
When when two people like your parents love each other, they-
Gross! This is my parents we are talking about!
He cuts me in the middle of my sentence. I laugh. Everyone stares at me. I feel my checks hear up.
"What's so funny Kalin?" Brandon asks.
"Nothing. I was just having a conversation with Chris," I say.
"What were you two talking about?"
"How the baby was conceived," I say bluntly.
"Well," starts Taysa," when two people love each other very much, they-"
"Mom! That's gross! You're my parents, I don't wanna know!" Chris yells while being red as a tomato.
Everyone except Chris laughs.
"That was much needed. Thank you," Taysa says.
"So back to business. The traditional way is almost never used any more, so it's hard to remember. It starts out with the bonding ceremony., which is almost exactly like a wedding other than rings and a pastor, then you two :-O off to mark and mate to complete the bond," Brandon says.
How is he able to talk about it so easily?
That's just Dad for you.
"The Alpha and Luna title has to be passed down on a full moon, so I was thinking we could do both at the same time."
"When will that be?" I ask.
"In three days," Taysa says.
I suck in a breath. Three days?!?! That's too soon! I just woke up!
Are you okay? Your eyes are changing colors rapidly to almost every color.
Yes. No. I don't know. I feel like I'm going into a panic attack.
As of on cue, I feel my chest tighten up. I grab at my lungs and try to push air into and out of them. Chris grabs my face gently. I look at him.
Breathe.
I watch him breathe in and out. I try to match his pace. After a while, I finally do.
"Too soon?" asks Taysa.
"No, I was Just cut off guard," I reply.
"Great! You and I can go shopping tomorrow for dresses!" Taysa says in excitement.
"Dresses?"
For the ceremony.
"Why dresses though?"
"Like I said, it's like a human wedding," Brandon states.
"Oh, so um, Chris and I are like engage?"
"Technically, yes but the next three days will go by so quickly that it will hard to really comprehend," Brandon says.
"I already am."
Are you okay?
Yea. Its just that if someone told me I would be here a year ago, then I would laugh at them.
That's understandable.
"I would ask if we should wait but I doubt Lisa will do the same," Brandon declares.
"No. Let's do it," I allege.
I look at Chris and smile.