Chapter five: escape to freedom, not.

This chaoter is dedicated That_Random_Fanboi for being the first to guess the answer to the previous question. Now for those who dont know, the question was this:

Q: Who did Percy bump into on his way home?

And the answer was Hades. Percy bumped into Hades on his way home from school.

Now if you haven't noticed already, this isn't the usual abused Percy Jackson story. It has quite the twist to it.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this next chapter, and that you have an awrsome day!

-Moondust
(Edited on 22 July 2018)

____________________________
Previously:

He made himself more comfortable under his blanket and stared up at the roof. Slowly, he began to doze off, and before he knew it, he was snoring slightly as he dreamed away.

Not long after he fell asleep, his mum walked into his room, bracing herself for the sight she might see, only to sigh in relief when she walked in to see her sleeping son in bed and not on the floor. She silently giggled at the sight before her. Percy was fast asleep, a line of drool forming on his pillow from his open mouth as he snored slightly. She bent down and kissed his forehead, wishing him a good nights rest. She then proceeded to walk out the room, silently closing the door and getting ready for bed.

Present:

Gasping for breath, Percy sat up straight, his eyes wide open as sweat poured down his face. He was clutching his chest and looking around his room, frantically trying to find the source of all his trouble, only to realise that it was a nightmare. He glanced at his bedside table and saw that it was 5 in the morning. With a sigh, he slumped back down onto his bed and stared at the roof, knowing he wasn't going to be going to sleep any time soon.

After a few hours went by, Percy got up, made sure his alarm was off and began getting ready for school. After getting dressed and packing his bag, he slung it onto his back, being mindful of the sensitivity of it, and slowly snuck his way to the front door, his senses being on high alert. As he passed the kitchen, he grabbed an apple and stepped towards the front door.

He was almost there, reaching for the front handle, so close to being partially free, when a hand slammed against the door in front of him, making him freeze in the spot. Gulping slightly, he slowly moved his eyes from the hand to the shoulder to the face, taking a step back upon seeing who it was.

Gabe glared at Percy. He reeked of alcohol and cigarettes, which made Percy take another step back, into the wall. Gabe took a step towards Percy, glaring even more at the terrified boy.

"And where do you think you're going, boy?"

Percy gulped again and took his bag off of his shoulder, holding it up to show Gabe. Gabe just stared at it with a dumb look on his face. Not too long after, the dumb look was replaced with rage and he lifted his hand and smacked Percy accross the face. Percy stared at Gabe with wide, terrified eyes as his cheek throbbed in pain. He knew a hand print would be there soon.

"Do you think that holding your bag up will tell me where you are going?! I didn't ask the bag where you are going! I asked you! Now answer me boy, or else your punishment will be a lot worse than it ever has been before."