Chapter 4

(Rewritten. Please tell me if you see any mistakes!) I hope you guys enjoy this Chapter. It's a bit action-y.

"She locked her self away, 

Didn't give anyone a key,

She didn't even say goodbye,

And was swallowed by the sea."

                ~A.D.R

__________

        I walked into work right on time. It's been a month since I started at my new school. I had also managed to avoid Aiden and get a job at a 24 hour coffee shop a couple miles away from my new house. The hours were a bit rough. 4 AM to 7 AM on school days and 4 AM till noon on Saturday. I had Sunday off.

        "Mrs. Kale, I'm here!" I called to the sweet old lady who owned the shop. 

        "Alright, sweetheart. You know the drill." Mrs. Kale joked. I laughed and saw the old lady walk around the counter. "What are you just standing there for? Get to work, Missy!" She said trying to act stern but failing. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my apron. I pulled my black beanie over my ears and made myself a coffee.  

        "Mrs. Kale! I'm making myself a coffee!" I called to the women who just couldn't keep still. She came into view and smiled, giving me a thumbs up. My shift went by slowly because any normal person would be sleeping at 4 AM on a Saturday. A few drunk people stumbled in asking for a strong coffee and a business man or two. Business picked up at about 7 AM and more people began to walk in. My shift was over in not time. Biding goodbye to Mrs. Kale, I hung my apron up and headed outside. 

        I hummed to myself, deciding to waste some time by walking around and checking out some shops near by. There were a couple people around but not to many. I heard footsteps behind me as I walked. I increased my speed slightly, fear crawling up my spine. I knew someone was following me. A chuckle was heard behind me. I broke into a run, turning down an alley way. I ran into a dead end. 

        "God dammit!" I hissed. I spun around and saw a man walking toward me. "God dammit! Just my luck. Good job, Avery, pick a dark alley way to run into. Not one of the many shops or anything." I muttered, feeling hopeless. Fear clouded my brain. 

        "Long time, no see, darling." A gravelly voice spoke. I recognized the voice immediately. I knew it was a bad idea to move here. Damn it! My eyes flew shut as horrid memories filled my mind. My breathing turned rigid. 

        "Fucking hell." I muttered. My eyes opened and I looked around trying to find an escape route. 

        "Oh, you cuss now, I see. Bad, Avery. Bad, bad girl." The man tutted, sending a shiver of pure terror down my spine. The man smirked. "You know, I thought you were smarter. I mean, you moved back. You stupid girl!" The man laughed coldly. He took a few steps closer and I took a few steps back, running into the brick wall. The smirk on his face was cold and heartless. It sent fear through my body. memories I didn't want to remember flashed before my eyes. I whimpered. 

        "I see you remember me." The man smirked, bringing his hand up to my cheek. I flinched away immediately. A cruel laugh came from his mouth. The man, John was his name, knew. He knew how much he was frightening me and he enjoyed it. Just like before. I gulp audibly. 

        'Please don't hurt me, please don't hurt me.' I chanted in my head. John placed his hand on my hip. 

        "Stay the fuck away from me!" I sneered, pushing his hand away. John's eyes widened in surprise at my reaction. Courage was not one of my qualities from when I knew him. Anger spilled onto his sharp features.