Chapter 8

~Read Author's note at end please~ Hope you enjoy!

****Trigger Warning: there's some violence and blood and stuff so be careful please****

*Unedited*

________________

        As we got closer to the house, we were able to hear the slight vibration of the music. The ground pulsed. Apparently,  a rich kid had a vacation house near the city and was constantly throwing parties. Well, at least, that was what Brandi told me. Not to mention he somehow possessed gallons upon gallons of hard alcohol. 

        Everyone in the car was buzzing with excitement. We sang along to the crappy pop song that blasted from the radio. I got pretty into it. By the time we actually got to the party, we were all in fits of laughter. As I climbed out of the car I felt my stomach turn.

        'My first high school party.' I thought. Taking a deep breath,  I linked arms with Sage who stood a few feet away.

        "Let's get this party started!" Leo hooted, practically overflowing with excitement.  I smiled at him fondly.

        "Party! Party!" Cameron and Jackson chanted as they ran ahead of us, arms failing in the air. I snorted. 'God, they are such dorks.' I thought rolling my eyes. Sage and I skipped after them, everyone else trailing behind us. People littered the front lawn. Stereotypical red solo cups were strewn around and the ground shook from the music. 

        "Let's do this!" I shouted, Emily bursting into laughter behind me. I giggled and looked over my shoulder, sending her a smile. 

        "Be careful, Avery." Sage whispered in my ear. She smiled at me before unlinking her arm from mine and heading in a different direction. Someone came up behind me and put their arm around my waist, nearly scaring me to death. 

        "Jesus Chirst, Darren! You scared me!" I scolded but I wasn't really angry. He smirked and winked at me. 'Wow, he's feeling confident.' I thought to myself. "Let's go get a drink!" I beamed, dragging him into the house. As soon as I got through the door, I was hit by a wall of noise. In the middle of the large room people danced, a DJ was set up on one side. I wrinkled my nose in distaste.

        Darren pushed past me and grabbed my hand, linking our fingers together. He dragged me through the crowd into the kitchen. After rummaging through the fridge, I decided on a fruity beer. I was never a fan of regular beer. It had a weird after taste. 

        I took a couple of sips and nodded my head to the music. With each sip my body felt lighter. I downed my drink in a matter of minutes. When I finished my first one I took another from the fridge and heard Darren chuckle behind me. 

        "Let's dance!" He shouted over the music, dragging me unwillingly onto the dance floor. It was uncomfortable at first considering 'dancing' was just rubbing against each other. I got more into the song as time went by. I laughed as I dance, feeling slightly stupid for the way I was acting. Darren was a fun dance partner, though. Shimmying and shaking and doing silly dance moves. He kept a smile on my face as we danced. I giggled when Darren spun me in a circle. 

        My eyes met a familiar pair of green ones. Aiden. He stood outside of the mob of teenagers leaning against the wall. His black hair was messy and untamed, green eyes glinting in the lighting of the room. Why did I think Aiden wouldn't be here? He's the badass of the school. I continued to dance but wondered why he looked so angry. Maybe the alcohol was affecting me or something.

        Darren pulled me close and placed a kiss on my forehead. I could feel my cheeks heat up and hoped to god he couldn't see them in this lighting. My stomach flipped and I could have sworn I felt butterflies.