II: End of Middle School

Unable to sleep, I decided to go downstairs and go to the library to waste some time and hopefully, induce my sleepiness. I saw the grandfather clock as it gonged the time which showed to be 2 o'clock in the morning.

Everyone is probably asleep right now.

As I approached the old library, I saw someone sitting on a couch reading a book. Alexid?!

He looked up and I saw that he was wearing a reading glasses.

For some reason those pair of black glasses has the same color of his pajamas suits which fits him really well and it makes him looks a bit mature or manly?

I can't help myself but blush for some reason. I tried to cupped my cheeks hoping that my cold hands could lower my growing temperature, even just a little.

Am I into guys who wears glasses?

As he saw me, he beckoned me to come and sit next to him on the leather love seat. The more I got close to him the more my heartbeat beats faster. My imagination flew far away from the reality and thought of things that might happen filled me head. Me and Alexid...

Stop! I tried to pound on my chest to make it stop but didn't help at decreasing my palpitating heart.

I started feel conscious about my current appearances. Is my hair messy right now?

Immediately, I begin brushing my hair with my fingers as I approached him slowly.

"Can't sleep?" he asked as his attention focused on me.

I nodded in response, hiding my beating chest. Shut up Heart!

"Do you want me to read it to you?" He asked and I shook my head.

Alexid closed the book and took off his reading glasses which he placed  at the end table close to him.

"Do you want to talk about some things?" He asked as he looked at me and brushed golden locks.

"I guess...since we can't sleep anyway. It might as well make us sleepy," I replied awkwardly as I stare at his green eyes.

"Ummm..So, what's your plan for the summer?" I added and I could hear the rusting of the clothes. I saw that he was inching closer towards me, which made me have wild vivid imaginations and made me blushed even more.

I'm such a Perv!

"Let's see. You can go to England with me to visit your relatives," he said as he took the end of the strand of my hair, and smell it as if to inhale the scent of my shampoo.

"You mean 'ours' right?" I laughed as I corrected his mistake. In response, he let go of my hair and stare at me.

"I guess you don't know yet," he said and added, "I guess it's time for you to know the truth"

"What do you mean?" I looked at him while waiting patiently for his reply.

"You and I are not blood related," he said, which made some part of me happy.

Alexid and I can be together? I can marry him? Wait...what?!

After he explained everything, I now fully understood that Alexid was Aunt Beatrice's child from her first marriage before she married my Uncle Michael.

"That explains everything...," I said.

His weird behaviors and gestures.

"You mean this?" He said as he took hold of my left hand and kissed it.

"...and this," he added. He stared into my blue eyes, cupped my cheeks and tilted his head to the left side as he kissed me on the lips. I can feel his hair brushed against my cheeks as I felt the softness of his lips.

"We can't" I said as I pushed him away. I could feel my cheeks are getting warmer and ran out of the room as I tried to hold my tears.

I now remember that he has a fiancée and I know now that we can't be together.

***
I felt that my eyes are swollen from crying and that I only slept for about four hours, which made it harder to wake up.

As I sat up on the bed I felt my head pounding. I decided to take a warm shower hoping that it will relieved some of the pain.

The kiss last night! Sigh. Alexid and I?!

I still can't comprehend about the romantic event that occurred last night.

I found out that we are not related at all. We can go on dates.

But the important question is, does he like me?

I mean we kissed last night. Then, are we officially dating?

The more I think about what happened last night the more my head ache.

As I combed my hair and straighten my uniform, the room suddenly bursted open.

"Good morning!" Sapphire exclaimed and as she saw how wide awake I was and added, "This is new...Did something happened? Last night perhaps?"

"Nothing," I lied, but I know that she didn't buy it. How can she know things? Is she a psychic or something? Is my lying that bad?

"You're lying! I can see that you're avoiding my gaze just now," she said. Yep, I'm a really bad at lying.

"Okay, I give up!" I surrendered.

"Ohohoho...do tell," she said as she walked in my direction and leaned her right ear towards me.

"Alexid and I kissed last night," I said as I looked down feeling embarrassed as the words came out from my mouth.

"I knew this will happen one day! It was very obvious that he has a thing for you even if you guys are cousins," she said as she nods in response with her past assumptions.

"Not only that. We are not cousins at all," I said as I interrupted her thoughts.

"What?!!!" She shouted her surprise which was very loud and she probably woke up the entire residence of the mansion.

"Fate must be on your side," she added and had a smirk on her face as if satisfied with her answer.

"You don't understand. He already has a fiancée," I told her which she had a surprise looked on her face.

"Wait, what?! How long have you known this! Why you didn't tell me!!!," she shouted as she is shaking my shoulders.

"Shhhh! The entire people in the house can hear you!" I said as I covered her mouth with my hands.

"I will let go of you promise not to shout!" As said as she respond with a nod.

"Fiancée? Are you sure," Sapphire asked quietly but I can tell from her eyes that she wanted to hear more of this gossip.

"Yes and she's really pretty," I said in surrender because I know that I can't compete with her and have no chance.

***