S q u a r e T w e n t y - F i v e ( H E )

As the door closes behind her, I let out the air I didn't realize I've been holding.

'Way to go,' my little angel nags.

Hindi ko siya pinigilan. I want to clearly establish the fact that she can do whatever the hell she wants and I wouldn't object. But the thing is...

I'm so scared.

I'm scared for her to get used to this because I know I wouldn't. It may sound gay, but believe me, I let myself devour in silent tears for the first time because it's too much. Ang sakit. Sobrang sakit.

Sobrang sakit na hayaan siyang umalis ng kwarto na parang hinahayaan ko rin siyang umalis sa buhay ko. This pain is nothing compared to what I felt last night when I saw her with Cash. And I know I'm hurting her, too. But because this is who I am, I will not object if she gets her head straight once more and leave me for being like this. Alam ko naman na ito rin ang dahilan why she left. I'm such a mess. Everything I touch gets destroyed and she's not an exemption. And I don't want to destroy her. Normal people don't just go about destroying other people. And showing too much care has made me a vulnerable person. I hate being vulnerable.

Two hours of sleep in total. I'm already up by six am and ready for work in fifteen. That's when I notice that she already left for work, about five minutes before I woke up. Or at least that's what the time of her simple blank text says so.

"Boss, pinaaabot ni Madam."

I just nod my thanks to Pamela when she hands me a cup of caramel macchiato to-go by eight in the morning. If she's avoiding me, I can't blame her. In fact, I'll help her with that. To make sure our paths won't cross, I decide to visit Fuentebella Domaines for a change.

"Good morning, boss!" everyone who recognizes greets me.

I walk into my office and ask Pamela to look for the operating officer. After an ambush board meeting, I decide to visit the bank and see if we can try to look for a new manager for our only branch here in the Philippines.

So half of my day is in FD while the other half is in FIB. By five in the afternoon, I'm back in the mortgage.

"Boss, nagpunta ng clinic si madam kanina, mga thirty minutes ago, nananakit daw kasi 'yung braso niya."

"Where is she now?"

"Hindi pa bumabalik, boss. Baka nasa clinic pa."

Even when I don't want her to see me caring too much again just because she's in the clinic, it's still my responsibility as the owner to make sure of my employees' well-being. Kahit hindi bilang fiancé ko, at least bilang empleyado ko, I'll check on her.

"Boss, naka-akyat na," the nurse says.

"How is she?"

"Binigyan ko na ng pain reliever, boss. Stressed na stressed ata si madam, e. Sabi ko nga, mahirap gumaling kapag masyadong maraming iniisip. At mas mahirap magpagaling kapag masyadong maraming dinaramdam."

"Oh... Okay," I say. Honestly, what can I say to that?

"Alam mo boss, sabi ko kay madam, 'yung binigay ko sa kaniya para lang sa pilay niya 'yon. Kung may iba pang masakit, baka hindi na gamot ang kailangan niya."

I just stare at her.

"May mga sakit kasi na hindi nadadaan sa gamot."

"You know, you talk too much. But thank you for taking care of her. In case she gets back, just give her what she needs, alright?"